Argentina sees sharpest drop in beef consumption for 30 years

Steve, I just took 85% as an average...of course I don't know what cuts you eat neither the details of your diet...what I meant to say is that a 20kg/month diet gets practically all calories from beef...sort of a moot point since now I think the OP article meant 20kg/year, quite a difference. Salud!
Usually the amounts are stated per year...! (obvious). Also the amounts quoted are averages children and the elderly consume less? Argentina's consumption is NOW around 42 Kg/year. Note Spain's consumption is around 13 Kg/year....

What about climate change? "Belching bovines are a primary culprit when it comes to greenhouse gas emissions. Farmed livestock are responsible for 14.5% of all emissions related to human activity, and cows make up by far the largest proportion of that." As you can see from this graphic, Latin America is doing the worse!meat.png

I think it is accurate to say that Argentines eating less than 2kg of red meat per month are not eating the "carnivore" diet...

...and their health problems are likely due to the excess consumption of sugar and other high carb or highly processed foods: grains, fruit juices, legumes, seed oils, diet sodas ...not animal fat
Usually the amounts are stated per year...! (obvious). Also the amounts quoted are averages children and the elderly consume less? Argentina's consumption is NOW around 42 Kg/year. Note Spain's consumption is around 13 Kg/year....

Beef consumption has dropped dramátically in Argentina and it shows in the worsening health and obesity in the inhabitants. In the 1950s the beef consumption was three times as much per person than now and if you look at city videos of that time obesity was very rare .

Mass Meat consumption is immoral. Go work in a cattle slaughterhouse for a few days and see how you feel. Spend time with the animals before their mothers are killed. How would you like this done to your family?

Back