Has Buenos Aires declined since 2019?

Post Covid, a lot of government services went online, and were simplified. I have found many things much easier to do since 2019, in terms of less tramites, less waiting in line in person, and many things quicker and easier online. Banking and finance are much easier, no longer have to be number 78 in the lobby of the bank, I can do 95% of it either online or at an atm in the lobby.
I was also amazed at how quickly hundreds, if not thousands, of downed trees after the big storm at the end of 2023 were cleaned up. The city government services here worked fast and efficiently. I often see city workers fixing problems in the dark, on weekends, and quickly.

That's because city government services have been managed by PRO for the last 20 years and not the Peronists l

That's because city government services have been managed by PRO for the last 20 years and not the Peronists l
Afip, migraciones, and many other federal services are easier and more transparent. Federal changes in banking regulations have allowed private banks to become better online. ( although even the banco nacion online banking is far better now than in 2019)
Many regulated but private companies like edenor are easier to deal with too. It’s not attributed by party.

Also many of the individual government employees I have dealt with, who solved problems quickly and efficiently were personally peronists…

Back