How can I export art out of Argentina without a DNI?

HazzLaw

Registered
Hi everyone, I'm an artist in Buenos Aires and while I'm here I am doing some paintings. But, to take them with me and/or post them out of the country I need an approved Export Notice from the Ministry of Culture. (Because I am still alive (lol) I don't need an Export License, which is more difficult to obtain). But, to apply for this I need a DNI which I do not have as I am new here. I've emailed the ministry and they told me I need to find someone Argentinian to give me their DNI to use.

So, I'm wondering if someone's DNI is considered very private? Would it be ridiculous of me to ask someone if they would let me use theirs for this purpose? The export data would be mine, only the DNI would be someone else's.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for someone to take art (made by themselves!) out of Argentina without a DNI?

Thanks!

DNIs are not remotely private, and if I remember correctly, both RENAPER's and the driving license database have been hacked, stolen, and held to ransom. Other than that I can't offer much help, sorry.

Hazzlaw are they painted on canvases? Can you remove the wooden parts and roll up your paintings into a suitcase? I think using someone else's dni could lead to trouble . (As you would not be travelling with that DNI and it is not you)

Or do you mean sending by courier/ post?

Last edited:
Hi! I am planning to take a painting out of Argentina and was able to get an Export Notice approval..very straightforward and came in one business day!

some notes that may be helpful

- I did it thru the portal "Tramites a Distancia"

- I do have a DNI but there seems to be a process for non-residents...check out the section "NIC Argentina" in https://www.argentina.gob.ar/jefatu...ativa/tramites-distancia-tad/como-acceder-tad

hope this helps...

Back