Real Estate New Building

I bought a finished house also in a barrio cerrado with a fideicomiso, I’m not too worried about the escritura since I’m not planning to sell it any time soon.

Only concern I have is that if a lot of people who have second homes out here can’t afford them anymore will barrios cerrados be able to continue operating?

Great Information! I thank everyone for their imput. My wife is Argentine and she is more suspicious than myself. ( Seems to be a trust factor)
My attraction is the new buildings are just that. Its not just the "escrituracion". it is the construction as well. New units are up to new codes( if there really any), especially pipes. They switched some years ago, to thermal . An older unit repairs could be high. Along with expenses for general repairs to building. I found two with deeds so far, but one too small the other in a busy area. So Ill continue my search.

Where I lived in Ft Lauderdale, the pipes were plastic and burst, would flood the units., This why i'm also concerned about the construction and Old vs New.

Thank

IMO you are better off buying in an established building. I’ve heard of some of these buildings being unable to deliver a deed for the unit you purchased. Kind of bait and switch to a smaller/less desirable unit in the building.

As far as quality of build under current construction codes, I doubt that you will see some of these places still standing 100 years from now. If you like hearing your neighbor in the bathroom, go for it.

In general my experience has been older buildings with commercial space on the ground floor are better than a place with only residential units.

Great Information! I thank everyone for their imput. My wife is Argentine and she is more suspicious than myself. ( Seems to be a trust factor)
My attraction is the new buildings are just that. Its not just the "escrituracion". it is the construction as well. New units are up to new codes( if there really any), especially pipes. They switched some years ago, to thermal . An older unit repairs could be high. Along with expenses for general repairs to building. I found two with deeds so far, but one too small the other in a busy area. So Ill continue my search.

Where I lived in Ft Lauderdale, the pipes were plastic and burst, would flood the units., This why i'm also concerned about the construction and Old vs New.

Thank
Be careful with buildings that were under construction during the pandemic. A lot of really shoddy work got done with shoddy materials, and a lot of things got left half-done for months then covered up after being exposed to the weather.

Be careful with buildings that were under construction during the pandemic. A lot of really shoddy work got done with shoddy materials, and a lot of things got left half-done for months then covered up after being exposed to the weather.
Ive seen shoddy work both interior and exterior . Touched a spot on a wall, and it crumbled in my hand.
Good advice from everyone.

Back