Jump to content

Argentina Missing Submarine


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1
Pensador

Pensador
This is not good 44 crew members hope this works out. Probably continuing its planned journey, I wonder how old that sub is?

http://www.bbc.com/n...merica-42030560

#2
camberiu

camberiu

Pensador, on 17 November 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

This is not good 44 crew members hope this works out. Probably continuing its planned journey, I wonder how old that sub is?

http://www.bbc.com/n...merica-42030560

The German designed ARA San Juan was incorporated in 1985.


Quote

Navy spokesman Enrique Balbi told the newspaper the submarine had been on its way from the Ushuaia naval base to the Mar del Plata base, its usual station, when "at some moment communication stopped".
"It's not that it's lost," he said. "For it to be lost we'd have to look for it and not find it."

This Navy spokesperson is as Argentine as it gets.

#3
Rich One

Rich One
  • LocationRecoleta
El  Sub no esta desaparecido, no esta..! ! B)
Life is too Short

#4
D.B. Cooper

D.B. Cooper
There may be some hope now that the US and the UK have gotten involved in the search.
https://www.nytimes....-submarine.html

#5
abaguy

abaguy
To reciprocate for their help in locating the missing submarine,, I understand that the Argentine government is going to help the U.S.find D.B. Cooper.. There are strong rumors that he is in Buenos Aires.

#6
Tangerine

Tangerine
Thanks to the Brits, Yanks and others for helping out in the Search  effort.
https://www.youtube....h?v=2dlXmuYuAYc

#7
camberiu

camberiu

Tangerine, on 19 November 2017 - 07:23 PM, said:

Thanks to the Brits, Yanks and others for helping out in the Search  effort.
https://www.youtube....h?v=2dlXmuYuAYc

If the sub is sitting bellow 1,000m and the hull has not been compromised, the changes of rescue for any surviving crew are virtually nil. The Brazilian Navy's rescue equipment can do 300m and the best the Americans and the British have can do at most 600m (if that).
The sub's last reported position had the average depth of 1,000m. Considering that the max length of the cable that holds the SEPIRB (Submarine Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon) is 900m, that might explain why we are not getting any emergency signals (the transmission buoy is 100m under water).
The prospects are not good.

#8
mc kenna

mc kenna
  • LocationChivilcoy
Pray and hope , all it's left to do, good to see some other navies get involved.......

#9
camberiu

camberiu

mc kenna, on 19 November 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

Pray and hope , all it's left to do, good to see some other navies get involved.......

The Brazilian Navy's submarine rescue ship K-11 Felinto Perry is already heading for the region at flank speed. It is the most advanced and capable submarine rescue ship South of the equator. Unfortunately it is still limited to up to 300m deep rescues and it can't do anything until the sub is found.


Posted Image

#10
Pensador

Pensador

camberiu, on 19 November 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

If the sub is sitting bellow 1,000m and the hull has not been compromised, the changes of rescue for any surviving crew are virtually nil. The Brazilian Navy's rescue equipment can do 300m and the best the Americans and the British have can do at most 600m (if that).
The sub's last reported position had the average depth of 1,000m. Considering that the max length of the cable that holds the SEPIRB (Submarine Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon) is 900m, that might explain why we are not getting any emergency signals (the transmission buoy is 100m under water).
The prospects are not good.

Not good news at all thanks for the update. I can only imagine what these men are going through or went through. lets hope for the best.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users