1 kg Beef: How Much Do You Pay?

nledec

Registered
How much are you paying for 1kg of beef?
In this instance I was charged 115 pesos for a kg of ground beef.
Too much? Just right?

I'm really struggling with this. I love my butcher. He has great customer service and good products. He is known in the neighborhood (yes, Recoleta) as having a bit of a "heavy hand" let's say when weighing his meat, but thus far I've been willing to look the other way as I still felt I came out on the winning end. But all of a sudden things have skyrocketed. I don't know if I'm just seeing the effects of inflation or if this guy is just really starting to take advantage to the fullest? I'm not interested in buying meat from the supermarket--the quality grosses me out.

115 pesos for 1 kilo of carne picada?! no way. impossible. $40 would be max. this has to be made up. I can't imagine any supermarket or butcher thinking they could get away with this price, even in recoleta.

If he charged you that for carne picada, I do not want to imagine what he would charge for peceto, or lomo, or bife de chorizo. It really is a steal, you could buy export meat much, much cheaper than that. I think he is charging 3x more.

Okay, thanks for the answers.
Now, looks like I need a new butcher :)
Who can recommend a good quality HONEST butcher in Recoleta?
Thanks!

Back