10 Advantages Of Being Married To An Argentinean

nlaruccia

Registered
http://abroadee.com/2014/10/05/advantages-of-being-married-to-an-argentinean/

I've been married to an Argentine and he didn't have any of those advantages. LOL. The article is at least, if nothing else, entertaining.

1. Language

I have the pleasure to hear the most beautiful language in the world (i.e., Spanish) being spoken with the most gorgeous accent on the planet (i.e., the Argentinean accent) on a daily basis. Who wouldn’t like that?
2. Romanticism

Argentineans are romantic by nature and I definitely appreciate that.
3. Passion

Argentineans do everything with passion. Everything.
4. Excuse to go to Argentina every year

After all, we need to visit his family (I take the opportunity to indulge myself in the Argentinean food, cafes, museums and theater).
5. Funniest swear words

The Argentinean swear words are so funny they don’t sound like swear words. I love when I am called a boluda, I find it hilarious!
6. Expert in steaks

When you date/marry an Argentinean, you become an expert in steaks. And your standards become so high that you’re rarely pleased after eating a non-Argentinean beef.
7. Live in the moment

Dramaticism (a key component of the Argentinean culture) and the economic situation of the country make the Argentineans care less about the future and live more in the present. I have definitely learned to live more in the moment after marrying an Argentinean.
8. Not to take things too seriously

I confess that I haven’t perfected this skill yet, but I have made great improvements after marrying an Argentinean.
Argentinean humor is very direct and acid, for this reason, if you’re one of those people who take everything too seriously, you’ll get offended easily.
9. Brazilians’ reaction

“What? You must be kidding me!” is one of the most common reactions I hear from Brazilians after I tell them that I am married to an Argentinean. I love to observe those reactions.
10. Have Argentina as a backup during the World Cup

I have double the chance to be happy during the World Cup

I was not even aware that "Argentine beef" still existed. I thought all of it now came from either Uruguay or Brazil.

Hahaha. I knew this article would be controversial on this forum. I think maybe the writer might possibly be an airhead or was smoking too much legalized weed.

I tell you this: I have meet many Brazilian tourists in Buenos Aires and have yet to see one raving about the food here.

Rarely will one find a list of (top) 10 reasons, advantages, *anything*, that isn't a (bad) joke (unless actually a joke, those sometimes come out OK).

Oh for goodness sake! :lol: There definitely are some nice things about being married to an Argentine, but these are personal and subjective.

Like #1. The Accent
Early in our relationship, the first times I heard my husband continually pronounce the "LL" as "sh" I seriously thought he had a speech impediment. I said to myself "poor guy... oh well, no big deal" and every once in a while I would try to correct him. :p

Oh for goodness sake! :lol: There definitely are some nice things about being married to an Argentine, but these are personal and subjective.

Like #1. The Accent
Early in our relationship, the first times I heard my husband continually pronounce the "LL" as "sh" I seriously thought he had a speech impediment. I said to myself "poor guy... oh well, no big deal" and every once in a while I would try to correct him. :p

Yeah, I can't imagine that the classic Spanish translation of My Fair Lady would go down well around here: http://youtu.be/wDGT0qiwAC8

Back