10 Nations With The Least Favorable Impression Of The U.s.

gsi16386

Registered

It goes without saying that we remain unpopular in a few places. Here are the 10 nations with the least favorable impression of the U.S., according to Pew:

1. Pakistan (percentage with a favorable view of the United States: 11%)
2. Jordan (14%)
3. Palestinian territories (16%)
4. Egypt (16%)
5. Turkey (21%)
6. Greece (39%)
7. China (40%)
8. Argentina (41%)
9. Tunisia (42%)
10. Lebanon (47%)

GO GO ARGENTINA! lol Here is the link for fun: http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-exchange/10-countries-love-hate-america-most-163930019.html

You can find the survey itself by going to Yahoo Fin. and then following the link to the Pew Global Survey. In there they explain their methodology which comes with a +/- 5 (ish) margin of error and was based on interviews with local people here.

Turkey and Greece surprise me on that list. Turkey possibly due to Iraq (increased instability from their perspective, and US support of Israel after that Turkish flotilla incident), still surprisingly low. Greece I can only understand in context of their crisis and anti capitalism.

In Argentina you folks from the US can draw comfort from the fact the this rating was 16% in 2007 !! As a "North American" you will get a more favourable reaction in Venezuela. Possibly that shines a light on the validity of the sample group or the validity of the Venezuelan election...take your pick!

I skimmed the report, it's quite interesting as it focuses on comparison's between China and the US in terms of international perception from 2007 to 2013.

Pakistan is on number 1. I wonder why I wasn't welcome here...heheheh (JK)

Best part is Pakistan, Egypt, Jordan and Turkey are consistent top tenners in recipients of US military aid. Bonus points if you can spell out why there is such a high correlation between the two.

Best part is Pakistan, Egypt, Jordan and Turkey are consistent top tenners in recipients of US military aid. Bonus points if you can spell out why there is such a high correlation between the two.

Alas! if only aid will go to the deserving people. US is "Bribing" in the name of "Aid" to the corrupt Politicians and Army of these countries. If only people stop watching Fox news (and many other news channels in US) stupid propoganda they might understand.

Alas! if only aid will go to the deserving people. US is "Bribing" in the name of "Aid" to the corrupt Politicians and Army of these countries. If only people stop watching Fox news (and many other news channels in US) stupid propoganda they might understand.

You're not suggesting that CNN tells the truth are you? Because CNN will never tell the truth. Fox News is the only "mainstream" network that will say something bad about Obama. Too bad they're also out of their mind.

Back