100% Natural Clothes Detergent???

shoush

Registered
has anyone come across any natural clothes detergent??? if so, is it quite pricy? would love to know before i make my way back to Argentina, although i can't imagine having to carry that in my luggage!
thanks!

In a normal main stream store I have not seen it . However at the Galpon they have a stand of all things natural in terms of detergents and personal hygiene. I would imagine it is pricey. I would suggest looking at the ingredients of the brand and see if you can source the ingredients locally. Eg if it is borax based or coconut based, stuff like that, It means experimenting though.

Adding white vinegar to the rinse cycle is an excellent way to wash your clothes. Actually, I prefer viengar to bleach and clorox to clean my apartment too. Especially since I have a cat and animals are more sensitive to harsh chemicals than even humans are.

Vinegar helps your soap to "get soapy" more easy... so if for instance normally you would use one cup of laundry detergent you can also use 1/4 cup of laundry detergent and fill the rest of the cup with vinegar (the natural vinegar... its super cheap) .... that will get all your clothing even as clean than when you use a full cup and no vinegar... witch means you can use your detergent 4 times as long... MONEY SAVER!!!!

In a normal main stream store I have not seen it . However at the Galpon they have a stand of all things natural in terms of detergents and personal hygiene. I would imagine it is pricey. I would suggest looking at the ingredients of the brand and see if you can source the ingredients locally. Eg if it is borax based or coconut based, stuff like that, It means experimenting though.

Ya, i was just checking that out and seems super easy! i found one with the "borax" base, not sure what that is and if you can get it in Argentina or i should buy some here, because all of the other ingredients are easy to find!
good money saver as well:)

I am hunting for borax at the moment .Supposedly they have it in droguerias which are now almost extinct or in industrial ferreterias. I haveot found it yet as I only want a one time thing a one ounce sachet let's say.They sell it on mercadolibre delivery only in 500g packs if memory serves. Personally I would not travel with white powders ... ;)

You can buy borax on Mercadolibre.com, however it costs $40 pesos for a 1 kg bag. This is nuts! A 1 kg bag of laundry detergent ready to use cost about $10 pesos. Your home made laundry detergent will end up costing you 4 times as much as ready made.

I am hunting for borax at the moment .Supposedly they have it in droguerias which are now almost extinct or in industrial ferreterias. I haveot found it yet as I only want a one time thing a one ounce sachet let's say.They sell it on mercadolibre delivery only in 500g packs if memory serves. Personally I would not travel with white powders ... ;)

hahahaha!

You can get Borax as well as Boric acid in larger quantities at www.quimicaoeste.com.ar
which has a storefront in Liniers. I bought some in Dec and it was around 6 pesos a kilo. ( I think it was a 5kg or 10kg bag)... It is a good source for basic chemicals. They list what they sell on the website.

A bit much for your one ounce requirement but it may be handy for some.

Back