15% Charge On Purchase @kayak Or Despegar

jurarol

Registered
did anybody had purchased tickets at kayak.com or despegar.com with an argentine credit card recently? I was just wondering if i will get charged 15% on top of my purchase. Going to Brazil for new years. Is it better to buy real here in negro, or dollars and take it there?

If you'll be buying Reales or USDs using pesos, it's recommended to buy them right away (exchange rate should get up to 10% worst next month with the vacations, aguinaldo and such).

Use an Argentine credit Card if you have and pay all in pesos, and ask for dollars when you left the country if you are legally working in the country​

did anybody had purchased tickets at kayak.com or despegar.com with an argentine credit card recently? I was just wondering if i will get charged 15% on top of my purchase. Going to Brazil for new years. Is it better to buy real here in negro, or dollars and take it there?

Nice thinking and I would like to hear if it works.

I attempted to do something similar with my Arg CC on hotels.com for a trip to Paraguay and was told the 15% would definitely apply.

Best thing to do is call your bank.

Back