#18F

It feels nice to have been a part of the collective embrace that the family of Dr. Nisman deserves.

The organizers of the event are happy you feel that this was what the marcha was all about. Just an apolitical, collective embrace...

Bradly: To me and to several thousand people it was apolitical (mind you, I also went to Plaza de Mayo on January 19th, with no politician in sight). To be honest, I really don't have any hopes for this country, but I just feel sorry that those girls lost their father and that no official condolences were extended.

I feel, without minimilizing the death of Nisman, that most went to show their indignation about the constant corruption, lies and general disgust with the Argentina of today! Does it do any good? For those who attend and participate, yes! for the changes , sad to say, I think not much but that doesn't change my firm belief in participating in such events!

Bradly: To me and to several thousand people it was apolitical (mind you, I also went to Plaza de Mayo on January 19th, with no politician in sight). To be honest, I really don't have any hopes for this country, but I just feel sorry that those girls lost their father and that no official condolences were extended.

"Non-partisan" might be a better description.

Your motives for going may indeed be apolitical or nonpartisan, but those who organized the event and promoted it were hardly apolitical or nonpartisan.

Who are the prosecutors who organized the event? (Google Guillermo Marijuan) Why didn't all of the AMIA victims' families participate? (And why did the Pope receive some of those families yesterday -- of all days -- at the Vatican?) If it were an apolitical or nonpartisan march, why hold the march at the Plaza de Mayo, the Congress, and the Quinta de Olivos? Why not the Bosques de Palermo? Were those who participated in the march, as good as their intentions may be, just a tool? And before you get offended at such a question, would the protest have been relevant if no one had gone?

CFK is so tactless and shouldnt have been throwing around which ever idea popped into her head about Nismans death but I fail to understand why the government needs to offer condolences. Nisman was being used to discredit the government and all the evidence so far seems to suggest it was suicide. Its sad that he was manipulated but thats life so to speak. He got himself into a murky world and was paid very well for doing so and ended up paying the ultimate price.

This march was political for the organizers (how could it not be?) and whos aim other than putting pressure on the government on the whole was probably to challenge the proposed changes to the legal system.

Back