2 Uruguay Peso Questions

Big Al

Registered
My first question is when you take AR pesos to Uruguay, can you exchange them into Uruguay pesos and if yes is there a limit?

Second question is can you buy dollars in Uruguay using Urugay pesos and if yes is there a limit?

Question 1.. Yes but you might loose allot of $$$ the ARG Peso exchange is like the blue in Uruguay. Not sure about limites.

Question 2.. Yes you can get USD in Uruguay.

If you get paid in USD or have access to USD the best thing to do is just withdrawl you USD in Uruguay if you have that option.

My first question is when you take AR pesos to Uruguay, can you exchange them into Uruguay pesos and if yes is there a limit?

Second question is can you buy dollars in Uruguay using Urugay pesos and if yes is there a limit?

Presuming you, like most Laker fans, are from the US, you can withdraw US dollars directly from the ATM. You can certainly exchange Argentine pesos for Uruguayans, but you won't get a very good rate.

If you exchange anything above US $3000 , you may be asked to fill out some Uruguayan anti money laundering forms, and you will have to provide passports and other ID. Normally exchange houses in Uruguay , dont ask for any.

Otherwise , there is no real limit , but I would imagine that anything above 10,000 would be questioned

Presuming you, like most Laker fans, are from the US, you can withdraw US dollars directly from the ATM. You can certainly exchange Argentine pesos for Uruguayans, but you won't get a very good rate.

Yes im from Los Angeles, but I dont want to withdraw dollars, I got a way of getting dollars directly here in BA, I want to figure out if I can with no problem convert AR pesos to Uruguay pesos then buy dollars in Uruguay.

YOu can use your Arg pesos in most places in Uruguay (at the blue rate of course but same as using your CC if it's an american account)

You can change AR pesos to UY pesos, but the exchange rate will not make that transaction worthwhile. Uruguay is very aware of the Argentine peso situation and they are not under any obligation to use the "official" exchange rate.

You can see the rates here: http://www.gales.com.uy/home/

Yes im from Los Angeles, but I dont want to withdraw dollars, I got a way of getting dollars directly here in BA, I want to figure out if I can with no problem convert AR pesos to Uruguay pesos then buy dollars in Uruguay.

Today from La Nacion....!

People rarely try this route

http://www.infobae.c...ar-vale-casi-15

En la sucursal del Banco Nación en Uruguay el dólar vale casi $15

La filial de Montevideo permite conseguir la moneda norteamericana de manera legal a $14,53. Es más del doble que los $6,70 del oficial en Argentina; y supera al dólar libre, que cotiza por debajo de los 11 pesos. Se pueden adquirir hasta u$s3.000 sin registrarse

En Uruguay el dólar se paga hasta 11,60 pesos (Ayer)

Amid opinions on exchange restrictions in Buenos Aires, the contribution of the National Bank in Montevideo generated in recent days some confusion. Slate Nation reported yesterday that Argentine pesos were paid 1.50 Uruguayans, and the dollar was selling at 21.90 Uruguayan pesos. Crossing these contributions was reached that to buy a dollar, 14.60 Argentine pesos were quoted. That's what appears more or less in all boards xchanges and banks, but at the counter, specify when an operation does not take that pure price ratio, but the Buenos Aires parallel dollar is used as a reference.

http://www.lanacion....asta-1160-pesos

En medio de comentarios sobre las restricciones cambiarias en Buenos Aires, la cotización del Banco Nación en Montevideo generó en los últimos días algunas confusiones. La pizarra del Nación informaba ayer que los pesos argentinos se pagaban a 1,50 uruguayos, y que el dólar se vendía a 21,90 pesos uruguayos. Cruzando esas cotizaciones, se llegaba a que para comprar un dólar, se precisaran 14,60 pesos argentinos. Eso es lo que aparece más o menos en todas las pizarras de cambios y bancos, pero en el mostrador, a la hora de concretar una operación, no se toma esa relación pura de precios, sino que se utilizar el dólar paralelo porteño como referencia.

If you sell AR$ in Uruguay and use the UY$ to buy US$, the exchange rate today is 16.73 AR$ for 1US$.

In Uruguay today, 17/01/2014, the exchange rates would be the following:

100.00 AR pesos = 130.00 UY pesos

130.00 UY pesos = 5.98 US dollars

You would definitely be losing money if you got the AR pesos at the blue rate (100 AR pesos = about 8.70 USD)

Check it out here: http://www.gales.com.uy/convertidor/

Back