3 Dogs have been poisened in Parque Las Heras the las couple of days!

lela

Registered
poison in parque las heras!!!

there where 3 cases reported and immediately treated by an salguero vet, but unfortunately one already died! this is terrible as there is a person who wants the park "cleaned" of the dogs!
they put rat poison and broken glass in meat and cheese, this causes horrible and painful deaths!
please be careful or better do not go to the park and keep your dogs on the lead!
please warn fellow dog owners!
and parents with small children too!!!

En el parque las heras se han dado 3 casos por envenenamiento. Están poniendo veneno de ratas, queso y carne con vidrios, etc.

YO no había escuchado nada hasta hoy pero lamentablemente, un perrito ya falleció y a dos los salvaron de milagro el sábado pasado.

Dicen que no quieren más perros en el parque y que un "loco" ( ¿otro más?!!!!!)
quiere acabar con los perros......

Envio este para quien vive en la zona esté atento, lo que nos faltaba........

gracias por la difusión!

This is terrible and a cruel response to the landmines of dog crap all over the city. I have already converted to walking one of my dogs with a muzzle so she will not eat any of the "treats" the people in my neighborhood leave on the sidewalks. She sneaks little bits of bone and who knows what else, leaving her with the hershey squirts for a few days. Also, unlike the majority of dog owners in my neighborhhod, I never walk my dogs without a pocket full of plastic bags to clean up after them. This one woman down the street from me lets her dog loose, the dog comes over to the front of my building or a neighboring building, to pee and crap then calls the dog back to go inside. She got really offeneded one day when I asked her if she was going to retirar la mierda and started going off on me about how my country is a BAD country. I looked at her and said the reputation of Estados Unidos has no importance on the fact that you leave your dog shit for the neighbors to clean up, do you need a bag? She gave me a dirty look and muttered some stuff I do not understand and left to go back to her apartment building. Now she gives me dirty looks whenever I go outside and see her there, but I just smile and wave an empty bag at her asking "Te necesitas bolsita?"

Adios_USA said:
I just smile and wave an empty bag asking "Te necesitas bolsita?"

Yeah what sort of looney killing dogs and risking kids too?

Love your bolsita answer!

I also smile and greet vecinos those who now have bags and clear up after their dogs. They smile back and we get on great as I'm El Loco Ingles no longer El Pirata Ingles. Maybe me but seems to be more people now doing this than before - word of mouth? Two kindergartens and a Primary school in my street so not difficult to make the point even in my bad castillano

BTW Paris used to be bad for dog crap but has improved somewhat.

Just a thought Is this why Buenos Aires is called the Paris of the south? :)

Macri copied the Paris bike loans scheme what chance he can get a fleet of Motocrotte - motorised pooper-scooters

http://www.junkopia.net/index.php/archives/2008/10/06/my-next-job/

Guess there are no end of better things to spend money on

Adios_USA said:
This is terrible and a cruel response to the landmines of dog crap all over the city. I have already converted to walking one of my dogs with a muzzle so she will not eat any of the "treats" the people in my neighborhood leave on the sidewalks. She sneaks little bits of bone and who knows what else, leaving her with the hershey squirts for a few days. Also, unlike the majority of dog owners in my neighborhhod, I never walk my dogs without a pocket full of plastic bags to clean up after them. This one woman down the street from me lets her dog loose, the dog comes over to the front of my building or a neighboring building, to pee and crap then calls the dog back to go inside. She got really offeneded one day when I asked her if she was going to retirar la mierda and started going off on me about how my country is a BAD country. I looked at her and said the reputation of Estados Unidos has no importance on the fact that you leave your dog shit for the neighbors to clean up, do you need a bag? She gave me a dirty look and muttered some stuff I do not understand and left to go back to her apartment building. Now she gives me dirty looks whenever I go outside and see her there, but I just smile and wave an empty bag at her asking "Te necesitas bolsita?"

i hear ya... i sould be doing same with my girl, she does eat all crap around!
me too, bags all uva and had the same blank stare at me asking if they need a bag to clean the s**t. i was suggested to leave this wonderful country at once and go back to my own dirty one (swiss).
just yesterday a guy was walking his ueberlarge dog, dog craps in front of an entry door, huuuge pile, i had a larger bag with me, ask the guy if he needs it, he said politely "no"; i thought he had one... then he walks off to leave the "surprise" for the home owner!
but the poison situation is a bad, very bad one! there are on a sunny day around 200 dogs in the park! most dog owners walking the pooches clean up, the dog "walkers" never do!
i fully understand the frustration, but there is NO WAY to POISON!!!
there are a lot of children in this park too...

I have lived on alot of islands, as in tropical, and some actually control stray dogs by poisoning with dart guns, they usually do it once a year, any dogs running wild are shot with a dart, and most run home to their owners and hide under the house and die there..

I think dogs should be controlled here too, and the owners controlled as well. It disgusts me that people have large dogs and keep them in apts, and they think taking them to a park a couple of hundred meters away once a day is all the exercise the dog needs..
And then at the park they let them shit all over the grass.
And the crap all over the streets is just disgusting, and most owners are to lazy to clean it up..
As for dog walkers, if you are to lazy/busy to walk your dog you shouldnt have one....

maybe people will start picking up the shit in the park that poses a health issue. QUE VOLUDO! I would like to start a shit return campaign. A neighborhood watch in Almagro, where we take the poo from the offenders and return it to them either on their shirts or cars, etc...With the suggestion that they pick it up so we don't have to...thereby making it so they get poo flinged upon them

davonz said:
I have lived on alot of islands, as in tropical, and some actually control stray dogs by poisoning with dart guns, they usually do it once a year, any dogs running wild are shot with a dart, and most run home to their owners and hide under the house and die there..

I think dogs should be controlled here too, and the owners controlled as well. It disgusts me that people have large dogs and keep them in apts, and they think taking them to a park a couple of hundred meters away once a day is all the exercise the dog needs..
And then at the park they let them shit all over the grass.
And the crap all over the streets is just disgusting, and most owners are to lazy to clean it up..
As for dog walkers, if you are to lazy/busy to walk your dog you shouldnt have one....

I had a friend who lived here who had 2 dogs, he worked from home but had the dog walker come twice a day to take them out since he couldn't be bothered. The days the dog walker didn't show up (and of course would never call to notify he wasn't coming) the dogs wouldn't budge to get up and walk with him and he would have to drag them outside. Then they wouldn't poop with him there and once he got them back in the apartment they would poop inside. I thought it was really funny as this happened numerous times. The dogs knew exactly what they were doing!

Wouldn't be suprised if it's some kid(s) doing it. That really sucks.

Looks like most of us have had a run-in with irresponsible dog owners. There is a lady down my street that lets her dogs out of the house at night. They run aournd to our part of the block and sh*t then run back. While walking my dog one night I saw this and followed her dogs, then made a note of her address.

You know what I did, right? :)

I spent the better part of three hours walking around collecting dog sh*t from four surrounding blocks. I then deposited an incredible mound of said dog sh*t in front of her door with a note saying "Muchisimo gracias por los regalos de sus peros. Quieres mas?"

Was some of the most fun 3 hours I've spent in a long time and haven't seen her dogs since. :)

She lives in a house?

You didn't rub the doggie doo into her locks?

She is lucky to have you as her neighbor!

I hope my "suggestion" save others a lot of time.

:D Some of you guys are terrible... but I suppose it gets the message across!!

I saw a woman let her huge dog poop while waiting for a traffic light... when the light changed to walk she just trotted off with her dog - no apology to anyone or any shame at all. I felt like screaming out the window, but it wasn't my neighborhood and it's not my country... though now I wish I had gotten it out of my system. The sad thing is not one person at the light or in any of the cars said or did a thing. Like it's some kind of right to let your dog crap in the middle of the sidewalk.

Sin verguenza. :mad: This ruins the reputation even for the responsible owners that pick up (which are very few and far between.)

Back