3 Month tourist visa

doubleup_dan

Registered
Hi,

I am currently looking at trips to Colonia to refresh my tourist visa as I have been here almost 3 months, but with all the Corona Virus and the weather looks terrible the next 2 weeks I would rather not do it.

So my question is does it still work the same if I over stay my Visa, as in I have to pay a fine and thats it? how much is it?

Or is it still possible to go to downtown and pay an extension?

I did over stay a few times before but one time entering the country I was told that if I did it again I wouldn't be allowed back in.

Thanks

In the next two weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if Uruguay stops all entries from it's neighbors. There are talks that Argentina isn't going to let citizens from EU, US, Iran, China, South Korea into the country for a period of time.

I'd check all of this out carefully before trying to leave the country because you might not be able to get back in due to the coronavirus.

In the next two weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if Uruguay stops all entries from it's neighbors. There are talks that Argentina isn't going to let citizens from EU, US, Iran, China, South Korea into the country for a period of time.

I'd check all of this out carefully before trying to leave the country because you might not be able to get back in due to the coronavirus.
Yes I am seeing reports that tourists now need a sanitary visa to enter...

So I guess ill just overstay my visa. Does anyone know the current cost of the fine??

So I guess ill just overstay my visa. Does anyone know the current cost of the fine??

4,500 pesos minimum for non-mercosur people.

Back