3+ Months in BsAs; New to BAE Forum

MrNiceGuy

Registered
My Formal Introduction:

I arrived in Buenos Aires in late April, following in the footsteps of a newly repatriated friend who had spent two or three good years in BsAs. While here, he connected me with some semi-steady sources of translation work and a few valuable human contacts as well--in all, an adequate pretext for picking up and moving my ass/life someplace far away for an indefinite stretch (a life-long ambition). So, ostensibly I do translation work here--and in fact I really do. But like almost everybody else in the city, I augment the old sueldo through sundry hustles. So holler at me if my user name rings a bell.

Perfunctory Fun-Facts: favorite color--green; favorite word--dale; age--mid-twenties.

Oh--one other thing: My landlord has just "asked" me to vacate my current lodgings by the end of July, which by my count is nearly upon us. Mind you, I have reason to believe this eviction notice isn't necessarily written in stone (either way I've already been granted asylum at a friend's flat), but if anyone has a line on a shared house with an expansive, sunny terrace, I'd be grateful for a head's-up. (I'm really not an obnoxious tenant. Not according to my side of the story, anyway). But enough about me.

MrNiceGuy said:
My Formal Introduction:

I arrived in Buenos Aires in late April, following in the footsteps of a newly repatriated friend who had spent two or three good years in BsAs. While here, he connected me with some semi-steady sources of translation work and a few valuable human contacts as well--in all, an adequate pretext for picking up and moving my ass/life someplace far away for an indefinite stretch (a life-long ambition). So, ostensibly I do translation work here--and in fact I really do. But like almost everybody else in the city, I augment the old sueldo through sundry hustles. So holler at me if my user name rings a bell.

Perfunctory Fun-Facts: favorite color--green; favorite word--dale; age--mid-twenties.

Oh--one other thing: My landlord has just "asked" me to vacate my current lodgings by the end of July, which by my count is nearly upon us. Mind you, I have reason to believe this eviction notice isn't necessarily written in stone (either way I've already been granted asylum at a friend's flat), but if anyone has a line on a shared house with an expansive, sunny terrace, I'd be grateful for a head's-up. (I'm really not an obnoxious tenant. Not according to my side of the story, anyway). But enough about me.

I too moved to BA in April!!! do you love it?? I do!!! love to make new friends, if you are down, we should grab a drink somewhere !! xoxo:D

Welcome Mrniceguy! good that you are not evicted. Is a good city for mid-twenties people lol or at least i think so, if any of you want to grab a beer during the week i know a nice place in Las Heras and Callao :)

Back