32% of Argentine households without fixed Internet connection

I am envious of rural argentina, if they get 5g. Here in rural Washington State, I am lucky to get 1 bar of 4g.

The distinction between fixed and mobile, often, is price.
5G not yet, it's only rolled out in the centres of Buenos Aires and Rosario so far. Coverage maps for 2-4G here: https://www.nperf.com/en/map/AR/-/-/signal/

And yes, given that mobile is fast enough now, the difference between fixed and mobile for the user is price. FWA packages would be priced as fixed connections. Some of this is happening now, some is yet to come.

I have seen some differences in Argentina compared to other countries aside from with fixed internet much more downtime than I was ever getting in the UK. Another difference is like many things tech-related, Argentine is a couple of years behind. And then of course, the companies themselves, with some being terrible (Telecentro the most notable). Still, worth remembering you can call up those same companies with a complaint every so often and they will reduce how much you pay.

As for mobile, it's the same here as most countries... you get out into the sticks and you get patchy or best coverage while built up areas are usually fine. Can't get a mobile signal in my damn house though.

About patchy mobile coverage out in the sticks, that's certainly true. The networks here have tried to address it with national roaming agreements. If you look at the nPerf coverage maps of each network, you'll see, for example, that Movistar has coverage in Patagonia where Personal doesn't. Since last year my mobile with a Personal SIM can "roam" onto Movistar's network in those areas and use Movistar's service.

Back