35% Afip On Uk Visa Card?

LucreBorgia

Registered
Hi everyone!
I am strugling on how is the best way to buy flight tickets to the UK.
I bought one round ticket to London through e-dreams here in argentina with an argie Visa card, obviously I payed the 35% afip charges because it is a foreign company.
Now I have to get 3 flights to heathrow for fabruary, my fiance is british and we where wondering if we would be charged the 35% if he got the tickets from here (buenos aires) on the e-dreams.com.ar page with the "pesos" rate but paying with his british visa?

i anyone has a suggestion on what is the best way to avoid the 35% or a good agency that doesn't charge 34 mil pesos for a ticket. We are even thinking on a round ticket since it is cheaper, but we are not gonna use it!
Thanks you all!

By the Way, I am getting married in January here in buenos aires, did anyone get married to a foreigner with a passport and needed a translator? the registry office info is sort of messy about the whole deal!

We go back to Ireland every year via Heathrow. I buy the ticket directly from ba.com with my Irish credit card, and I'm not charged the 35%

if you're using a british CC to buy something priced in pesos, you won't have to pay the 35% fee but WILL be paying the official exchange rate ... the spread between the official and blue is probably larger than 35%/.

On BA.com a flight costing US$1000 purchased with your UK CC is equivalent to AR$ 12,500 (blue rate)
At a travel agency in Argentina buying the same BA flight for US$ 1000 and you will be charged the official rate so it would be equivalent to AR$ 8500 + 35% AFIP = AR$ 11475

Only slightly cheaper...up if the blue rate goes back up, it will become even cheaper...

About 2 months ago I was quoted AR$19,824 round trip to LHR

I've flown Tam from Monteviedo - Sao Paulo - Heathrow before. Worked out much cheaper than from Eze, but that's not including the few days in Montevideo visiting family though.

Its always worth checking with http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ to find the cheapest fare and then work out if the extra travel time is worth it.

Look at expedia.co.uk or any UK based site or use the site that Ejcot recommends above

We bought our last tickets from a UK based IATA travel agent after using the above web site to get fares and routes

Strangely enough United offered us a really great price to GLASGOW via Houston , Chicago and Newark but the total journey time was not ideal for 3yo GlasgowJohn Jr

We gave the UK guy a price and asked him to match it . He got to within 3% whioch is good enough for me . We couldnt use our Argie c/cards as they were maxed out paying for some stuff that Mrs GlasgowJohn wanted for the house.

This year I flew to Europe a couple of times. I found some very good deals

Bue-MIA-LHR-JFK-BUE

I took the opprotunity to do some shopping in NY.

The airfare for this route was much cheaper than flying directly to Europe from BUE

Always buy on Orbitz or Expedia with my American bank credit card

Have you tried Despegar.com . Although we used an Arg credit card,not UK, we managed to get four tickets for $60,000 to London and pay in 12 months without interest. With the bluedollar we basically got a ticket free compared to what we`d have paid from a UK flight company. Its Air Europa via Madrid btw.

With a UK cc, you shouldn't pay the 35%.
I got my bro to book for me in UK and settled with him myself to avoid just that.
I wouldn't recommend Iberia and luckily am flying back BA direct to EZE next week.

Back