5 Most Common Excuses Argentines Like To Use

garryl

Registered
If you have employees, this could be happening to you all the time:

(1) “NO ME SIENTO BIEN” Just do not feel like working today, or meeting with you. If your hot date doesn't show up, he/she could be not feeling well, all the time. To be fair, we probably all have done this ?

(2)“RINDO LA SEMANA QUE VIENE” I have a test next week, even the people who are not in school like to use this line.

(3) “TENGO QUE HACER UN TRáMITE” I have got some bureaucratic things to take care of, so do not expect me to help you.

(4)“TENGO QUE CUIDAR A MI SOBRINO”, I have to take care of my nephew, a safe lie that hard to be verified, even your friends do not know whether you have a sobrino or not.

(5)“INTERNARON A MI ABUELA” Grandma excuse, US college kids are worse, usually claim grandma is dead in order not to take an exam, but Argies are kinder, grandma is only in hospital.

If you have employees, this could be happening to you all the time:

(1) “NO ME SIENTO BIEN” Just do not feel like working today, or meeting with you. If your hot date doesn't show up, he/she could be not feeling well, all the time. To be fair, we probably all have done this ?

(2)“RINDO LA SEMANA QUE VIENE” I have a test next week, even the people who are not in school like to use this line.

(3) “TENGO QUE HACER UN TRáMITE” I have got some bureaucratic things to take care of, so do not expect me to help you.

(4)“TENGO QUE CUIDAR A MI SOBRINO”, I have to take care of my nephew, a safe lie that hard to be verified, even your friends do not know whether you have a sobrino or not.

(5)“INTERNARON A MI ABUELA” Grandma excuse, US college kids are worse, usually claim grandma is dead in order not to take an exam, but Argies are kinder, grandma is only in hospital.

Don't forget the most common one: "tengo un cumpleaños".

Thanks for this I needed a laugh after ANOTHER 3 day week looms and our US/UK clients say WTF? What pissed me off recently was the doctor approved absence of 5 days for a wisdom tooth removal and meanwhile on Fbook it was party party party...

Don't forget the most common one: "tengo un cumpleaños".

This is the best one. What's worse is GOING to an Argentine birthday party. Sweet jesus, I can't even name the kids who went to kindergarten with me, much less invite them to my birthday party.

Classic ones from California 1 Can't make it today, my glands are swollen, 2,i have no clean clothes , i got locked out of the laundry room, 3 I won't make it today, i was arrested last night for no reason :)

...because if Grandma were to die, it would be your fault.

Back