500 and 1000 peso notes, terminology

bobg

Registered
How do you refer to the 500 and 1000 peso bills? Mil peso billete? Cinco cien peso billete? Or something else.

Thanks, Bob

The "proper" word for 500 is quinientos but that probably sounds a little too close to La Quiniela for comfort.

Frankly, I can't believe inflation has reached this point, and so quickly. Recently, I had to exchange several hundred dollars and they only had 100 peso notes...ended up with a full pack and a half. I felt like a drug dealer, not to mention a pickpocket target.

Frankly, I can't believe inflation has reached this point, and so quickly. Recently, I had to exchange several hundred dollars and they only had 100 peso notes...ended up with a full pack and a half. I felt like a drug dealer, not to mention a pickpocket target.

That's the way it works when you sell US$1000 in a cueva counting 100 peso bills can be time consuming if a machine is not available.It's 40 packs of $1000 pesos aprox. a stack close to a foot long...

:rolleyes::DIt happens. When I get the money from WU, I get many $ 1000 which makes me easy to count them, but when I have $ 100 I want to kill myself... Then I have to hide somewhere between my backpack, purse or in a just regular plastic sack.

Back