6,337 New Covid-19 Infections 7/30, Extended Quarantine..?

Rich One

Registered
Infections Peak may be reached in mid-to-end August, Infections level may reach 8,000 per day.? Meanwhile the Troika Fernandez, Kicillof, Larreta do new image saving appearances, about the surgical excellent health policies adopted so far..?

Any idea on peaks is just them guessing. The BA province critical health system is on the edge of "collapsed" rating. Should be interesting for BA in the coming months. I'm still salty about the hardcore quarantine as I suspect it was being used as a tool for the debt negotiations and other political ambitions rather than the long term safety of the people.

I think the idea of a peak of infection, and predicting it, has always been misleading. People (journalists, politicians, encargados) have been speculating that it was imminent since the start. They were always going to be wrong because we were in lockdown, the whole point of which was to stop it spreading at all, let alone peaking.

The virus I think will just keep spreading over time with various peaks and troughs, depending on the success and failure of containment measures. I think only at the end will they be able to look back and pinpoint the exact day or week that infections peaked in a particular location, say in a city or a province.

Reactions: ben
The opposition was asking the quarantine to be lifted, so, they did.
However, entering winter it is obvious that the cases are going to peak, but the political damage made by the opposition neutralized.

The opposition was asking the quarantine to be lifted, so, they did.
However, entering winter it is obvious that the cases are going to peak, but the political damage made by the opposition neutralized.
Where did they ask for the quarantine to be lifted? Everything I heard them ask for was only changes to make the quarantine less strict to enable people to excercise and enable the economy to continue to function to some extent, but for sure to continue to keep people at home and in social isolation if they don't have a good reason to be out. Unfortunately, the cases skyrocketed during the "strict" phases of the quarantine proving it was ineffectively managed since it was inconsistently applied especially in popular neighborhoods. This had nothing to do with the opposition. The only ones to "blame" are the ones making the decisions and managing it.

Further, the opposition does not have a majority anywhere in government to impose a change, but it would be nice if the government listened to the minority opposition on other matters and changed things.

Winter also has little do with the increased cases other than increasing risk from people spending more time in enclosed spaces (see Brazil - cool weather is hardly an issue in the Amazon... or see the US which is in the middle of summer...)

https://www.infobae.com/politica/20...a-en-cuarentena-ni-estricta-ni-de-otra-clase/

Seems like foreign embassies and representation groups are busy shooting down government lies and propaganda spreading fear about horrible the situation abroad is. A pity that many of their supporters have such limited contact with the outside world to have any genuine interest or understanding of the situation abroad to really understand what they are being told by their leaders.

The reality is that the rest of the world is simply adapting to living with this thing until/if a vaccine will become available, as humankind has done all throughout history. Something that this government has been extremely reluctant to do, instead preferring to try and pause time, ignore consequence and base their strategy on a miracle cure appearing to take it all away.

I have sources who are working in Buenos Aires hospitals now saying that a lot of cases are being fabricated at the request of the Government to make things seem worse. This then justifies the shutdown and damage they did to the economy. The good thing about Argentina is that social circles spread far and wide into many industries.

Back