6 months eviction free law at the Congress

Bajo_cero2

Registered
The Congress is going to debate (by zoom) an emergency law regarding renting. The idea is 6 months eviction free and frozen rent.

The end of the rental business better empty than with okupas.. Frozen Rents and No Evictions for non payment ., good deal for tenants (algunos vivos)

How about passing a law that insures NO INFLATION whatsoever during those months too? This shit makes no sense at all if prices skyrocket for everything but rent. Specially expensas.

Iz

My wife owns a property here and we use the rent from that place to pay the rent in our place. The contract was due to go up on the people who rent (our own went up last November) in April (an extra 10,000 pesos, which was going to make a huge difference to us). We will lose money from this descision. It is what it is, but the change is not good for everyone and is not only about landlords being unfair and wanting to get rent. For example, in November I will have to re-negotiate my own rental contract. Our landlords have always been decent and only raised it by 30% and we expect the same.

We raise our owned property by 30% on renegotiations too. However, now we could consider raising it by 40% to recoup what we lose under these coming six months. I am not saying we will do that and in fact, we probably won't. Although, I bet many landlords will do it. Sort of like if I lose money now I will make sure you pay it back later by increasing the rent more than I would have.

Also, if you take a situation like mine. If our tenants decide not to pay and we can't evict, the only move we will be able to take is to also not pay our own rent. It just sounds like a change that is ready to be abused. Also, if someone doesn't pay for six months and you cannot evict them, what to stop you evicting them on the seventh month. I mean, there could be a lot of grudges held by landlords in around seven months time.

My wife owns a property here and we use the rent from that place to pay the rent in our place. The contract was due to go up on the people who rent (our own went up last November) in April (an extra 10,000 pesos, which was going to make a huge difference to us). We will lose money from this descision. It is what it is, but the change is not good for everyone and is not only about landlords being unfair and wanting to get rent. For example, in November I will have to re-negotiate my own rental contract. Our landlords have always been decent and only raised it by 30% and we expect the same.

We raise our owned property by 30% on renegotiations too. However, now we could consider raising it by 40% to recoup what we lose under these coming six months. I am not saying we will do that and in fact, we probably won't. Although, I bet many landlords will do it. Sort of like if I lose money now I will make sure you pay it back later by increasing the rent more than I would have.

Also, if you take a situation like mine. If our tenants decide not to pay and we can't evict, the only move we will be able to take is to also not pay our own rent. It just sounds like a change that is ready to be abused. Also, if someone doesn't pay for six months and you cannot evict them, what to stop you evicting them on the seventh month. I mean, there could be a lot of grudges held by landlords in around seven months time.

It seems like you're not even factoring in the reason for this law into your assessment, which is that many people have been left without work but have to stay home for extended periods of time and thus without this measure millions of people would be forced onto the street during a pandemic.

It seems like you're not even factoring in the reason for this law into your assessment, which is that many people have been left without work but have to stay home for extended periods of time and thus without this measure millions of people would be forced onto the street during a pandemic.
I did factor that into it, because I am one of them. Already lost a lot of work through this outbreak. I am not living in a bubble like many people on here. I am in my early thirties and like many people at the moment am probably a bad paycheck away from having to call in some serious favors. The people who rent my wife's property earn significantly more money than we do and I know their jobs are not in danger (both management level). However, I do know that it benefits me too because if my tenants don't pay then I don't pay my landlord as well. So, I get it, but I just think it is open to be abused.

If you think eviction courts will be working in 6 months I have a bridge to nowhere to sell you.

Who knows what will happen in six months ??
Maybe will be a Mad Max- Road Warrior - scenario
Where wild armed bands ride on trucks hunting and killing for fuel, food and other scarce resources..

1585270489573.png

1585270540055.png

The end of the rental business better empty than with okupas.. Frozen Rents and No Evictions for non payment ., good deal for tenants (algunos vivos)
California is trying to negotiate with banks to have 90 days grace period, details yet to come out. But there is no mortgage in Argentina, landlords probably have to suffer. I still think it's a decent thing to help the tenants. Hopefully gov can do something for the landlord with taxes or other things,
everyone needs help, not just tenants.

I was wondering when this would start seems it is on the way I was thinking prolonged quarantine how do you pay the bills, they will have to kill eviction and rent payments. So it is underway. Next sieze the farms and food distribution. At this point seems everything would have be on the table. Excluding locust and or bad weather Argentina can surely feed itself.

Back