9 Countries where dollar is strong, AR is on the list

Vietnam is a pretty attractive option if you like SE Asia. I'm currently in Thailand and considered Hanoi, but heading back to Buenos Aires for the umpteenth time. :)
Hanoi is great, like the old French neighborhood. But I find the people in the south much more pleasant. For thousands of years, they (north and south) are two different countries. I like sun, happy people and metropolitan feel in Saigon, you can find a place to eat at 3am after Salsa dancing or massage.
Money goes a long way in Vietnam, health fresh food, cheap massage and tropical fruits that you can not name, it's a good place for a change if you live in Argentina too long.
The city layout of Hanoi reminds me of a Chinese city in many ways, the link to China is always so close, whether they like it or nor, while Saigon is very different, a true SE Asia city, chaotic with traffic/tropical trees, and smell of durian and fried shrimps. The economy is crazy, everything is opposite to Argentina.

Last edited:
Hanoi is great, like the old French neighborhood. But I find the people in the south much more pleasant. For thousands of years, they (north and south) are two different countries. I like sun, happy people and metropolitan feel in Saigon, you can find a place to eat at 3am after Salsa dancing or massage.
Money goes a long way in Vietnam, health fresh food, cheap massage and tropical fruits that you can not name, it's a good place for a change if you live in Argentina too long.
The city layout of Hanoi reminds me of a Chinese city in many ways, the link to China is always so close, whether they like it or nor, while Saigon is very different, a true SE Asia city, chaotic with traffic/tropical trees, and smell of durian and fried shrimps. The economy is crazy, everything is opposite to Argentina.

Flied Lice I love and Plawns... Durian I can do without..!! Can you name a resort in Southern Part of Nam popular with backpacker expats..!! like Danang , Nha Trang ,or Puo Quok. . Trip Avisor only Recommends only resorts where you find major 5 star Hotels?

Last edited:
Flied Lice I love and Plawns... Durian I can do without..!! Can you name a resort in Southern Part of Nam very popular with expats..!! thanks
No such a resort like in Thailand. Most expats live in district 2 and 7 in Ho Chi Minh city. Russians spend their winter in Nah Trang area, which is beach town in central Vietnam.

@garryl , Johnny

Is Vietnam much cheaper than Thailand (that I know well) lets say 20 % less? Tks

@garryl , Johnny

Is Vietnam much cheaper than Thailand (that I know well) lets say 20 % less? Tks

I think Vietnam is considerably cheaper. How much I'm not sure. Beyond cost, I think Thailand has lost, and is losing, much of its charm. Should I return to SE Asia I would go to Vietnam.

@garryl , Johnny

Maybe 20-30% ? Bangkok is a very unpleasant city, but it's a little more sophisticated than the big cities than Vietnam. I would never live in Bangkok, I can live in any big city in Vietnam. Thailand as a country is lost and not doing well.
There are many foreigners working in Vietnam, in Ho Chi Minh city, there are a few hundred thousands of Japanese working there, and more Koreans who are in different business work and live there, and millions of backpackers. Airbus 330/340 fly a few times a day from Seoul to big cities in Vietnam and the flights are packed. After 10 years, if Vietnam grows at current 7%, it wont be cheap to live there. The real state price is already like in Buenos Aires now, at 3000-5000dollar/m2 for a good apt.

Last edited:
Back