A coffee suggestion

Redpossum

Registered
Cafe Martinez, the stuff in the dark purple bag, called "Moka Frutado". I paid 1665ars for a 250g bag on Wednesday.
I was puzzled by the word "frutado", meaning what we'd call "fruity", but bought it on a whim. The bag says it's Arabica, but nothing about country of origin. It's pre-ground, which is a minus, but seems fairly fresh.

When I got it home, brewed some, and took that first taste, I understood. It has that distinctive wine-like flavor typical of East African coffees, and that's what they mean by "frutado". I'm pleased with it, for the price, but YMMV.

Just a suggestion.

I'll try it as after buying 5, maybe 6 different brands as I posted on another thread, it's still mostly swill. Even using a coffee press, while helpful, isn't enough. So 6,000 pesos for a kilo is about $20, or $10 a pound.

I'll try it as after buying 5, maybe 6 different brands as I posted on another thread, it's still mostly swill. Even using a coffee press, while helpful, isn't enough. So 6,000 pesos for a kilo is about $20, or $10 a pound.

Remember when grandma used to buy that huge can of Folgers for $1.29?

Remember when grandma used to buy that huge can of Folgers for $1.29?
My father, 70 years ago, used to remind me that a nickel was good money for him as a child. I remember the smell of opening a fresh coffee can or pouch but that was several years ago in the US. I brought some Publix coffee here for a friend who politely gave it back to me as it had vanilla added. Oh, the humanity!

My father, 70 years ago, used to remind me that a nickel was good money for him as a child. I remember the smell of opening a fresh coffee can or pouch but that was several years ago in the US. I brought some Publix coffee here for a friend who politely gave it back to me as it had vanilla added. Oh, the humanity!
I will resist the temptation to tell old man stories.

Chicory is the only flavoring I can abide in coffee.

Back