A dear friend to the Forum & Coffee Chats, estebandepraga, passed away on October 24th

gracielle

Registered
A Message from Felix, his friend:
I am deeply sorry to inform you that our friend Esteban passed away October 24 at 6:45 in the morning. I was with him.

Just to inform you that following Esteban's wishes, in coordination with Father Bill, our friend, and the collaboration of other friends here, his sister
Donna and I have coordinated what is necessary for the celebration of a Funeral Mass of the body present for next Tuesday, October 29 at 12:00 noon
in the Church of St. Thomas, Josefská 8, Prague 1 (Malá Strana).

After the subsequent cremation, his ashes will be deposited in the Crypt of the same Church on November 1st, which coincides with two dates.
The Day of the Dead and one of the two days per year in which the Crypt opens. The Augustinians, friends of Esteban, Father Bill and
Father Juan, also Spanish, have been kind enough to allow us this privilege.

In the next few months I will have to travel to Buenos Aires and I hope to see you at some time to remember Esteban in the way he would have liked,
somewhere nice to have a few drinks, having lunch or having a coffee. For friends outside of Buenos Aires, I tell you the same, we will see each other
in the near future.

Thank you all and a big hug from me and Esteban who is watching us all at once now, what he always wanted! With love, Felix

Thank you for posting, Gracielle. Esteban (Estebandepraga in this forum) was a dear friend to me. I will miss our catch up coffees and medialunas at Cafe del Botanico, the wild stories (I’m sure all true) of your adventures globetrotting. My funniest Esteban story is the one from his time in the UK that some Church of Scientologists tried to kidnap him. He had to jump out of a moving car to escape, rolling into a ditch...still makes me chuckle thinking about it. He was a wonderful storyteller, putting just the right boisterous emphasis in all the crazy parts of the story. I loved his stories and already miss our whatsapp photo updates. My friend is gone, and now preserved in photos and voice messages. 32286B50-7482-4E16-9ABF-E0BDBACB8676.jpeg

I am at Jaisalmer desert now and one of his recommendations blows me with the news. His friends knew what was coming but I guess we are never ready to let go. I am broken, I will still love him forever. We talked about where to live and I would go live close by... sort of...with Stefi we talked about countries as we chat about neighborhoods. He was bigger than life, His incredible knowledge about countries and cultures was my guide. His snoring at night drove me nuts but reminds me now of the joy of being alive. Fly high amigo de mi alma! I am sure you are now traveling in heaven my dear Global divo!

Last edited:
Back