A dreaded question

ElleB

Registered
I recently found this website and wanted to know if anyone could help. I am recently divorced with a small (5yo) son. I currently live in DC and am looking for a change. I hate to ask about racisim, but as a young black woman, I can't risk moving a child without first knowing what I'm getting into. A divorce and a new country is hard enough for a child so I'd like to not add discrimination if I could. I visited BA in undergrad and knew I would love to live there if the chance ever came along, but now that I have a son, I just want to be careful. It's not something I would plan to harp on, but if I could just get an idea of if its something to expect or if its not really prominent, it would help. At least in DC I know what to deal with and have family to support us.

Hey, I'm not quite in Buenos Aires yet and I'm not black, but this is being discussed on another expat blog. Check it out:
Click here

"richardrocks" said:
Hey, I'm not quite in Buenos Aires yet and I'm not black, but this is being discussed on another expat blog. Check it out:
Click here

Thanks! I read it and it was good info.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
steveinbsas Expat Life 4
U Newcomers Forum 3
Back