A Flybondi Boeing 737 struggled to land at Aeroparque

As Frank said most of us have probably been in plane that has done this and it's standard procedure. Happens quite often in mountainous areas.

Why the news is making a big deal out of this who knows.

I'm going to agree with Frank & Reply Guy.
This was a tempest in a tea cup, displaying the media's usual penchant for sensationalism. All media, everywhere.

if you are an aviation geek, check out big jet TV on YouTube. all kinds of fun jet landings

Glad I saw this after landing at AEP on Flybondi this morning rather than before. The incident rate of a go around from google seems to be around 1 in 300-1000. I’ve never experienced one but I’m sure it would be pretty scary. In any case, commercial flights are the safest means of travel even though they can sometimes be unnerving.

This does happen all the time and is usually without incident. What people should be paying more attention to is incompetency and arrogant behaviours of the airport/flight workers! Instead of sensationalising a landing, the media and public should demand that unprofessional ATC workers be fired and held accountable. Inept ATC nearly caused hundreds of deaths in this incident from 2019 at Ezeiza, which went viral a few months ago. Was this ATC worker even fired? Likely not, which is very alarming, much more so than a windy landing!

Back