A Great Way To Get To Know Buenos Aires And Meet People

becks1

Registered
Foto Ruta is a great way to explore Buenos Aires and get a new angle on the city. Whether you're a long term resident or new to the city, we offer a weekly schedule of tours, experiences and meet ups - check out our timetable here

The idea is to get people off the tourist trail, encouraging people to take the time to explore their surroundings and appreciate the beauty and idiosyncrasies of Buenos Aires via the medium of photography. We offer everything from iPhoneography (how to take and edit pictures on your iphone) to one day Academia photo exploration workshops.

We also run our well known Foto Ruta Weekly - clue based tour every Saturday.

Foto Ruta celebrates the beauty of Buenos Aires - Get in touch with us if you have any questions or want to take part.

I hope Foto Ruta is going from strength to strength! However you may not be picking up in your current business model a significant number of BA Expats who will be put off by any suggestion of Buenos Aires "beauty" What it seems will go down really well is a celebration of all that is really bad - or perceived to be bad about Buenos Aires. What a great way to meet likeminded new "friends" :)

Can I suggest the following itinerary?

1. a visit to INDEC offices - you to supply banners for self completion with a range of interchangeable insults about Marxists and Keynesians before erecting a shrine to dead potty Austrians with an eternal flame provided by burning copies of The Economist

2. to the Casa Rosada with a free Cristina doll and supply of pins - except for the one person on here who has mentioned more than once that he would like an inflatable Cristina on which to perform certain acts which should not be carried out in public

3. to the new KFC in Alto Palermo - provide buckets and then to every single Starbucks in the city to drink every possible frothy near coffee like drink and then a trip to any heritage cafe for free use of the "facilities"

4. to find any Italian to abuse and blame for Argentinian shortcomings - and preferably also to blame for pizzas as well

5. A trip to a gun club with free ammo and the opportunity to recreate all that is really great about back home

6. A special buquebus ride to Colonia immigration, the nearest ATM for more bucks and then straight back again

7.. AFIP offices to wave through the window to the staff inside with assorted Ipads Iphones etc etc whilst shouting abuse

Any other suggestions? I'm sure there are lots of others :p

I hope Foto Ruta is going from strength to strength! However you may not be picking up in your current business model a significant number of BA Expats who will be put off by any suggestion of Buenos Aires "beauty" What it seems will go down really well is a celebration of all that is really bad - or perceived to be bad about Buenos Aires. What a great way to meet likeminded new "friends" :)

1. a visit to INDEC offices - you to supply banners for self completion with a range of interchangeable insults about Marxists and Keynesians before erecting a shrine to dead potty Austrians with an eternal flame provided by burning copies of The Economist

2. to the Casa Rosada with a free Cristina doll and supply of pins - except for the one person on here who has mentioned more than once that he would like an inflatable Cristina on which to perform certain acts which should not be carried out in public

3. to the new KFC in Alto Palermo - provide buckets and then to every single Starbucks in the city to drink every possible frothy near coffee like drink and then a trip to any heritage cafe for free use of the "facilities"

4. to find any Italian to abuse and blame for Argentinian shortcomings - and preferably also to blame for pizzas as well

5. A trip to a gun club with free ammo and the opportunity to recreate all that is really great about back home

6. A special buquebus ride to Colonia immigration, the nearest ATM for more bucks and then straight back again

7.. AFIP offices to wave through the window to the staff inside with assorted Ipads Iphones etc etc whilst shouting abuse

oops got posted twice - apologies it isnt that good!! :D

oops got posted twice - apologies it isnt that good!! :D

Philin.. you made me laugh sooooo hard with this! it is the best description of the argentinians and this country! ahahahaha

except for the one person on here who has mentioned more than once that he would like an inflatable Cristina on which to perform certain acts which should not be carried out in public

How have I missed those posts?

I think I've lived here too long because every time I pass an AFIP office, I curse and make obscene gestures.

Back