A mission for Yarn and knitting goods!!

chico

Registered
I'm in Palermo SoHo this week and must pickup yarn for my girlfriend. I have searched the forum and found great info on where to go;

"Scalabrini Ortiz, starting at the corner of Cordoba, and going south, towards
Corrientes, for about 3 blocks, both sides of the street. Amazing variety, good
prices, everything from polyester to llama."

I'm just checking in to see if anyone can drill down even further to recommend any specific shops or anything to look for while I'm there.

Or if anyone wants to bring me there, I'll buy coffee!

Depends on what she likes. There is a universe of different kinds of yarn. Natural fibers, synthetics, fat, skinny, multicolors, ribbons, silks, wools, llama, and so on.
Its like asking what book you should buy, since you know your gf likes to read.

There are no BAD yarn stores there- but they have different specialties.
If you know what she likes to make, that would help.
But you will probably have to either ask her, or throw yourself on the mercy of the sales help, and hope for success.

Just walk along that strip of Scalabrini Ortiz and buy the most expensive yarn you can find.

And a color that doesn't look like crap. And something that you wouldn't mind if it touched your skin.

There, that's all the help you're gonna get from me.

;-)

:) sounds good!

now I just got hope they are still open when I get done with work.

They'll likely be closed today. It's a national holiday... that was invented last year because this year was an election year.

Sorry. Take it up with CFK.

I think you have right directions. Start at Cordoba and walk with the numbers getting smaller. At Corrientes turn around & go back towards Cordoba. Have fun! :D

Back