A Nye Party I Can Come With Heartbroken Friend?

spiritk

Registered
hi,
I'm coming to visit a friend in BA, he was just dumped today by his argi GF :eek:
Is anybody possibly hosting\know of some sort of open NYE party we can come to make him abit better on wed?

thanks!

tamir

Pizza Piola or club house, at costa rica street are good options

Sure, full of prostitutes.
You mean Hipopotamos the brothel?

Sorry to ask you this: Was this place Hipopotamos a night club for many decades in Recoleta? If it's the place that I'm thinking of, it's were I met my would-be-husband in the late 70s.
It used to be a nice place to go dancing back then; except the militars used to make their raids in different night clubs during the dictatorship and I remember making my way out and seeing the trucks being loaded with minors and young people, who perhaps did not carry their ids with them or probably fitted the profile of "suspects".... may be on their way to dissapearance.... Bad memories.... Is this a brothel now?

Sorry to ask you this: Was this place Hipopotamos a night club for many decades in Recoleta? If it's the place that I'm thinking of, it's were I met my would-be-husband in the late 70s.
It used to be a nice place to go dancing back then; except the militars used to make their raids in different night clubs during the dictatorship and I remember making my way out and seeing the trucks being loaded with minors and young people, who perhaps did not carry their ids with them or probably fitted the profile of "suspects".... may be on their way to dissapearance.... Bad memories.... Is this a brothel now?

It's in Recoleta along or near Junin and the cemetery area. I pass by it when going to the movies quite a bit, but just remember seeing the sign, I haven't exactly fixed in my mind where it is. I don't know it's history, but ever since I've been here (2006) it's been a "club of ill repute". I wouldn't quite say a brothel because it's still a club with music and drinks and the girls there are for "take-out", shall we say, not "dine-in" which is what I think of as a brothel (and is illegal for prostitution in BA).

Back