A strange question...

Johnno

Registered
Okay guys,

I have a bit of a strange question for you here :)

IS there such a thing as an English language psychic helpline (phone based service) in Buenos Aires ?

Okay - there is a second question here too - how do you think a service like this would do ? (i.e. is there a demand for it?)

What I am talking about here is a fairly basic service - where people can call up - have a tarot or rune reading done for them and receive guidance on issues/problems/things going on in their lives...

We have quite a few of these in Australia - I'm just curious to know what peoples' impressions on this board are ?

I believe there is an expat population in BA of around the 50,000 mark - and I would assume a percentage of those people would be likely to use such a service...

Thanks in advance for any/all feedback...

John.

Johnno said:
Okay guys,

I have a bit of a strange question for you here :)

IS there such a thing as an English language psychic helpline (phone based service) in Buenos Aires ?

Okay - there is a second question here too - how do you think a service like this would do ? (i.e. is there a demand for it?)

What I am talking about here is a fairly basic service - where people can call up - have a tarot or rune reading done for them and receive guidance on issues/problems/things going on in their lives...

We have quite a few of these in Australia - I'm just curious to know what peoples' impressions on this board are ?

I believe there is an expat population in BA of around the 50,000 mark - and I would assume a percentage of those people would be likely to use such a service...

Thanks in advance for any/all feedback...

John.

I see, I see, I see, lots of success ! :p

Two things :
Either you focus on the Argentinean market, either on the expat one.

Focusing on the expat one, I see, I see, I see, difficult times ahead !

Focusing on the Arg. one : well, why not, it's worth a try. Eventually do the service by SMS (less running costs).

I'd love to know what percentage of expats in BA (English speaking ones) would use such a service - I don't speak Spanish myself yet - but I am sure my lady will be working on that with me pretty intensively once I get back down there :)

Yes - I guess it sounds kind of strange - someone asking how a psychic helpline would do down there when, in a sense, they should already know :) lol

Hey - I'm about 3 hours into an 8 shift right now - doing exactly this work right here (Oz) - and my brain is still waking up from the night before ;)

John.

150k ? THAT sounds promising indeed :) Thanks for that Zackdotcom :)

OK, why not 150,000 expats. But how many speak english as their FL ? Maybe 50,000 or 60,000 ?

What percentage of this number would learn about your service ? 20/25% at most ? That gives an audience of 10,000/15,000.

Among those, how many might call a service for a psychic reading on the phone (potential), let's say 3 or 4% top ? That brings the number down to 400/500.

How many would actually place a phone call on a one year period ? Half of them ? Then when have 200/250 people who will call you on a one year period. Some of them will be addicted and might call you once a week, but still, if you or our GF are locked down behind the phone to answer one phone call every two days for a total income of 100 or 150 pesos max... Does not compute (less taxes, costs, ..).

It would be much better to focus on the Arg. market (BA has the top rate for psychologists/psychiatrics... Psychic reading could eat some shares of this market)

EDIT : in one of my divisions I had made a mistake, it's corrected now

Extremely useful advice my friend - I think I need to target both markets then - and start off small/cheap - and keep a few other jobs ticking over so that no matter what there is still some money coming in the door while I try my hand... Many thanks :)

My friend works for an American based SMS psychic hotline here ... so they do exist. Do Argentines use it? I have no idea ... But it sounds fairly absurd when I talk to her and she tells me all the hilarious shit she makes up on a daily basis.

She is right - if I told you some of the calls I get every day you wouldn't believe it :) I used to think I had problems in life - but then I started to listen to where some of these people are at in their personal lives and all of a sudden I don't feel so bad at all :) lol

Still - for some people - this really does help - and without a service like this you would probably find quite a few more suicides and other nasty endings - its actually not a bad feeling getting to help someone here and there - but at the end of the day the rent needs to be paid too :)

Johnno,

I'm just curious, how does one become a psychic reader? Is this one of those things you have to be born into? Or did you go to Hogwarts?

I honestly have no idea, I've never met a psychic before.

Back