Aa Flights Suspended Between Venezuela And Usa/arg Next?

kre8ivelyXposed

Registered
I have worked for American Airlines for almost 30 years and have never seen this happen in any market. We just got this internal memo about flights between Venezuela and the USA. Could Cristina do this here out of spite?:)

For those who fly to Venezuela.

We have been informed by AA management of a major issue between the country of Venezuela and American Airlines. The Venezuelans require all airlines operating out of their country to deposit local revenue into a state controlled bank, which is not typically how airlines globally do business. Additionally Venezuela has prohibited the airlines from removing their funds and American Airlines has 750 million and growing trapped in their banks. American has been in negotiations to recover the money and we were just informed early of the impending problem. Last week we notified local union leaders who have Caracas and Maracaibo flying of AA’s contingency plans in case the talks were unsuccessful. Last night we were told the talks broke down and American has stopped selling all future tickets to Venezuela and is significantly reducing the operation until this issue is resolved. On July 1 American will stop flying to Caracas from New York, Dallas and San Juan. Miami to Caracas will scale to 1 trip per day, with an additional on the weekend and 2 per week to Maracaibo.
Please feel free to post this to your communication groups.
Thanks

I have worked for American Airlines for almost 30 years and have never seen this happen in any market. We just got this internal memo about flights between Venezuela and the USA. Could Cristina do this here out of spite? :)

For those who fly to Venezuela.
We have been informed by AA management of a major issue between the country of Venezuela and American Airlines. The Venezuelans require all airlines operating out of their country to deposit local revenue into a state controlled bank, which is not typically how airlines globally do business. Additionally Venezuela has prohibited the airlines from removing their funds and American Airlines has 750 million and growing trapped in their banks. American has been in negotiations to recover the money and we were just informed early of the impending problem. Last week we notified local union leaders who have Caracas and Maracaibo flying of AA’s contingency plans in case the talks were unsuccessful. Last night we were told the talks broke down and American has stopped selling all future tickets to Venezuela and is significantly reducing the operation until this issue is resolved. On July 1 American will stop flying to Caracas from New York, Dallas and San Juan. Miami to Caracas will scale to 1 trip per day, with an additional on the weekend and 2 per week to Maracaibo.
Please feel free to post this to your communication groups.
Thanks

Surely AeroCámpora would pick up the slack.

Please no.... Haven't been on a worse airline when it comes to international flights and I have done a lot of flying.

Actually, Aerolineas is not the worst airline in the continent. Cubana holds that title. Aerolineas comes second.

I think KFC has enough on her plate at the moment and pissing of the US any further isn't going to help.

I haven't heard much complaints about Aerolíneas Argentinas lately. To the contrary, people who fly to NY often with American told me as recently as last week that Aerolíneas was better hands-down.

I certainly get the reputation they have - I myself have never flown with them and am not sure I ever will - but of late I've heard surprisingly good things about them from multiple sources.

I haven't heard much complaints about aerolíneas argentinas lately. To the contrary, people who fly to NY often with American told me as recently as last week that Aerolíneas was better hands-down.

I certainly get the reputation they have - I myself have never flown with them and am not sure I ever will - but of late I've heard surprisingly good things about them from multiple sources.

It's been some years since I've flown with AeroCampora, but I can say that flying with American is an experience in misery.

A few years ago when I was planning my Cuba trip, I discovered that Cubana flew non-stop BA to Havana - in old Soviet era jets.

Can you imagine the problem with parts and keeping those things flying. They can't still be flying those things - can they?

Back