Abortion Pills In Argentina

millivanilli

Registered
Just found this out. If anyone knows more about it, please add or amend.
Since it's not allowed to prescribe the abortion pill (misoprostol) in Argentina, when medication is needed to help miscarrying women pass retained products, doctors prescribe an anti-arthritic medication containing misoprostol instead. It's a controlled medication called Oxaprost and also contains the anti-infllammatory diclofenac as well as an antacid.

Women seeking to abort a pregnancy have to resort to getting hold of this illegally and at great expense...not to mention dealing with the traumatic process without proper support.

http://mehiceunaborto.blogspot.com.ar/2011/07/mi-hisotira-parte-4-procedimiento.html

Just found this out. If anyone knows more about it, please add or amend.
Since it's not allowed to prescribe the abortion pill (misoprostol) in Argentina, when medication is needed to help miscarrying women pass retained products, doctors prescribe an anti-arthritic medication containing misoprostol instead. It's a controlled medication called Oxaprost and also contains the anti-infllammatory diclofenac as well as an antacid.

Women seeking to abort a pregnancy have to resort to getting hold of this illegally and at great expense...not to mention dealing with the traumatic process without proper support.

http://mehiceunabort...cedimiento.html

Nice to meet you too, I personally like babies, and I find your first post very insulting. Also, I don´t think this is a forum for medical advice or abortion drug discussion.

I'm sorry you misunderstood the stance of my post, Nikad. I am not pro-abortion, I just thought this information should be shared. I'm a woman miscarrying a pregnancy and was surprised to find my doctor prescribing me an anti-arthritis medicine to help me pass the retained products. When I looked the name Oxaprost up, I came across this blog post and was pretty shocked.

I'm sorry you misunderstood the stance of my post, Nikad. I am not pro-abortion, I just thought this information should be shared. I'm a woman miscarrying a pregnancy and was surprised to find my doctor prescribing me an anti-arthritis medicine to help me pass the retained products. When I looked the name Oxaprost up, I came across this blog post and was pretty shocked.

Sorry to hear what you are going through. I was just shocked that your very first post was about such controversial topic. Abortion is illegal in this country. It is actually very important that expat women coming here know that they have to be very careful and that if anything happens, they will either have to go back to their home country or go the clandestine route. Hope you feel better soon and I apologize if I came out rude.

@Nikad - people use this site to discuss other medical services (recommend dentists, doctors) all the time. You may be pro-life but I find this a perfectly appropriate topic. In addition to possibly providing women with needed information it's interesting to see how the culture and politics play out in each country.

Is anybody else following this case?
http://www.argentinaindependent.com/currentaffairs/chile-pregnant-11-year-old-reignites-abortion-debate/

It sounds like many women who have the money travel to Uruguay where there are less restrictions.

Thanks for your well-wishes, Nikad. I should have mentioned before that I am a regular poster but name-changed for this thread, due to it relating to my health problems.

@Nikad - people use this site to discuss other medical services (recommend dentists, doctors) all the time. You may be pro-life but I find this a perfectly appropriate topic. In addition to possibly providing women with needed information it's interesting to see how the culture and politics play out in each country.

Is anybody else following this case?
http://www.argentina...bortion-debate/

It sounds like many women who have the money travel to Uruguay where there are less restrictions.

Sorry, I don´t like to come out as radical, but I have seen several times posts being closed when addressing a specific condition or drug, not generic health insurance questions, services, etc. Discussing specific medications and drugs have always been a big no no here. I personally don´t mind it but thought that the OP was going to get the thread closed pretty fast without any further clarification. Still I think that saying hello, I am xxxx, and I´m from xxxxx, etc is just more civil.

Thanks for your well-wishes, Nikad. I should have mentioned before that I am a regular poster but name-changed for this thread, due to it relating to my health problems.

I understand. I now know it is not your case, but even if the post was about somebody trying to get an abortion, I do not judge, I just thought it was a bit of a shocker for a first post. Pffft I guess I am getting old.

Back