Absentee voting for US

cassiem13

Registered
I'm wondering if anyone knows about absentee voting for the November election. I've been to the website about it (I'm a California resident): http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/elections_m.htm#apply, but it's still all a little hard to sift through, since it doesn't seem like your standard absentee situation. Also, I don't think I ever reregistered to vote after the 2008 election, after which I moved.. and to apply for an absentee I need to be a registered voter. There's also the Federal Voting Assistance Program, but that also seems a little confusing, especially because I don't know if that will cover me for the California-specific issues, as well.

Anyone know about this situation, or something similar? I do have an address that I could say is my own at home (where all my mail still goes), and I don't have legal residence here...

Thanks!

I am not entirely certain what you can do but the last time I went to the US embassy I think I seen a sign about voting but I don't remember what it said, but I am sure if you went there or called them they could give you some guidance. Sorry I can't help more.

My Mom is on the democratic board of elections for NY state I could ask her if she knows anything but I am not sure that would help you for California. Hope you find your answer!

I am not entirely certain what you can do but the last time I went to Suriname embassy i think i seen a sign there about something but i don't remember what it said. Sometimes if you send them dog poop wrapped in palm leaves they can give you guidance. Sorry I can't help more.

My mom is on the tribal counsel on Survivor, and i could ask her if she knows anything, but i am not sure if that is the same as Californication.

I once had a question like you, but then i forgot it. I realized that asking anything of any importance on this forum was only an invitation to be provided with great displays of useless, misleading, and/or completely false responses.

I was able to register and then vote via fax as a Santa Cruz resident. Amazing really. Time to switch to federal voting for me, but I was able to vote on state and local stuff too.

Back