Accessing own cash in BsAs, amex or xoom or bring Cash

Hybrid Ambassador

Registered
Hello forum,

Questions for you the savvy expats living in Argentina.
Which is the better method to send or bring US $ into Argentina.

1. Bring American Express Travelers Checks and go to one of their office
and cash them for Green Dollars?

2. Bring in less than US$10k on me and change for "BlueDollars" on Florida street?

3.Use Xoom services and retrieve ARgentine $ in one of Xoom assignated Banks?

Your experiences and advises will be very much appreciated!

@RichOne, @MB Beagle, @Canick.. So you the majority advises bring in US green with me!
Then take it down to Floridas street and change to Argentina Pesos, right?
Now, the questions to you the savvys, _How to avoid reciving "FAKE" pesos !
Are there American Expats to offer their expertised help to this _old men_ for a small fee?
or instead, Best Sushi and Sake in town on me!

Hybrid Ambassador said:
@RichOne, @MB Beagle, @Canick.. So you the majority advises bring in US green with me!
Then take it down to Floridas street and change to Argentina Pesos, right?
Now, the questions to you the savvys, _How to avoid reciving "FAKE" pesos !
Are there American Expats to offer their expertised help to this _old men_ for a small fee?
or instead, Best Sushi and Sake in town on me!

I also agree that the second option is best, it would be better to bring the cash with you. as far as avoiding fake goes I am not an expert but you might want to change for pesos in small amounts with whatever person you choose in florida. then use them and if the bills check out keep buying pesos from that person but always change in small amounts, enough for your daily activities and if you need to make a large purchase then use a credit card.

if you will be cashing on a regular basis buy a fake detector machine portable

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar...ioleta-de-billetes-falsos-porttil-pequeno-_JM

detector-de-billetes-falsos-incluye-linterna-portatil.jpg

Hybrid Ambassador said:
Hello forum,

Questions for you the savvy expats living in Argentina.
Which is the better method to send or bring US $ into Argentina.

1. Bring American Express Travelers Checks and go to one of their office
and cash them for Green Dollars?

2. Bring in less than US$10k on me and change for "BlueDollars" on Florida street?

3.Use Xoom services and retrieve ARgentine $ in one of Xoom assignated Banks?
Your experiences and advises will be very much appreciated!
I use option 2, with option 3 as a backup if I run out of cash, also last week I used option 4, which was to buy pesos in the US, I was able to get a rate of 6.50 from a coin/currency dealer in California, though I wouldnt advise holding more Pesos than you need for the next month or so.

;185020 said:
I also agree that the second option is best, it would be better to bring the cash with you. as far as avoiding fake goes I am not an expert but you might want to change for pesos in small amounts with whatever person you choose in florida. then use them and if the bills check out keep buying pesos from that person but always change in small amounts, enough for your daily activities and if you need to make a large purchase then use a credit card.

Gracias mark1732! Will do..

Back