Accounting student looking for internship/advice

Krista B.

Registered
Hello BA expats,

My mother recently moved to BA and I would like to spend my summer with her. My priority, however, is to gain some hands on experience in business, preferably in accounting. It would be phenomenal to be able to do both.

Do any of you have ideas about how I might start my search for an internship?

As for me, I am in my second year at McGill University in Montreal where I study accounting and economics. I have experience in a Spanish speaking work place, as I interned at an accounting office in Mexico last year. I will be available May 1st through September 1st and I am open to anything.

If you would like to take a look at my CV, I would be happy to send it to you.

Thank you for your help!

Krista

Accounting is a very big field. (My dad is one!). Within it, what would you like to do? What interests + excites you the most?

Honestly, I'm trying to figure that out. As a second year student it's hard to know. My current focus is auditing but I really enjoyed my first finance class so I'm also considering the CFA route. I have yet to take my first tax class but that's definitely an option as well.

To give a more specific answer, I guess I would have to say external auditing most excites me.

I am starting a new business the first week of May and I could use some advice for a simple accounting system for our small business. I would be able to pay you something for a little time, consulting or more. I cannot offer a long term job yet but maybe in the future. If you are interested, contact me at [email protected] thanks.

Pitts Wilson

Back