Adopting Adult Dogs

clake87

Registered
Hey hey,

Anyone know of a good place to adopt adult dogs? Would love to adopt a small or medium dog like a jack russell, but preferably not a puppy and their adorably mischeifous puppy ways!

Any tips welcome

I admire people who adopt adult dogs (I have a nine-year-old malamute that nothing could make me give up, though).

I have quite a few to offer, all ages, all genders, all colours...
In particular, I have a medium sized female who is truly divine, very friendly (a bit too much) but not very guardian (doesn't bark & she's too sweet).
If you want I'll post pics.

She's about 5 years, perfect health, etc.

Check the bulletin board and windows of your neighborhood veterinarians. There area homes for abandoned animals. In this city of 3 million, they estimate 1 million animals.

I have a friend in Berezategui who cares for more than 35 dogs and cats that have been abandoned on the roads. He spends his monthly retirement check to feed them.

The city has an animal protection agency http://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/areas/med_ambiente/apra/sanidad_animal.php?menu_id=35279 and a registry for lost and abandoned animals for adoption.

Every animal deserves a home. Thanks for opening your heart to dog that needs one.

I have a friend who rescued a street dog a few weeks ago and it is currently in a shelter- but she cares for it until she can find an owner. I think she said it was small-medium and around 9-10 months (may be too young for what your after). If you are interested PM me and I will contact her for the details.

Hey hey,

Anyone know of a good place to adopt adult dogs? Would love to adopt a small or medium dog like a jack russell, but preferably not a puppy and their adorably mischeifous puppy ways!

Any tips welcome

Hi,

I just saw your post now. I posted yesterday as I have a dog that would like to find a home for. Unfortunately she's a bit bigger than a Jack Russel - she's a German Shepherd! She's not one of those huge ones though. She's probably about a year old or so, and so while still young and playful, she's past the chewy, naughty, over-excitable phase. She's very sweet, and intelligent (without any training she does her business in an out of the way place where we and she don't go), and gets along well with other dogs and cats.

Alternatively, I have another dog which I am caring for. He's an American springer spaniel (I think), and about ten-years old I imagine. He still loves to get out and run for a bit, but being older doesn't need quite as much exercise as a younger dog. He has some health problems though (an ear infection, and a tumour growing) so would need extra attention as far as that's concerned - which is probably a bit more than what people want to take on when they get a dog. If you can only commit to a few years though he's probably a good choice. And he's also very affectionate - well, he loves affection and will try to climb on you if you let him.

PM me, if you are interested. My post is still on the first page of this forum.

Back