Advice/ Cost Of Living - Ushuaia

medialuna989

Registered
Looks like we're moving to Ushuaia (from BsAs)!
Has anyone lived there - have advice about finding rentals/ cost of living/ best ski + hiking outtings?
Advice about finding short-term rentals (while scouting out a long term place) would be much appreciated.

Would be great to connect with folks who have lived/ currently live there. Thanks!

I don't live there but recently there was a survey posted here on this forum how much things cost where. I can´t remember the title of the thread.Patagonia is probably the most expensive part for some things. If you are adaptable and have no brand loyalty you will most likely find different and very possibly better things. If you have absolute must haves that are out of the ordinary you might want to take a supply of that.

Post back here and tell us how it is when you get there! We're a curious bunch....in many ways.

Looks like we're moving to Ushuaia (from BsAs)!
Has anyone lived there - have advice about finding rentals/ cost of living/ best ski + hiking outtings?
Advice about finding short-term rentals (while scouting out a long term place) would be much appreciated.

Would be great to connect with folks who have lived/ currently live there. Thanks!

I have a friend with a B&B that includes a couple small apartments - in the off-season this might work, but in ski and summer season obviously they're rented out at higher prices. See http://www.martinfierrobyb.com.ar

I am currious as to why you are moving--new job, just like it?
I was at Calafate last year and everything in the supermarket was 30% more expensive than in Buenos Aires. Of course, different city but the further south you go, the more expensive (but salaries also rise).

Back