Advice needed- International warranty repairs

Adios_USA

Registered
Hi Guys & Gals,

I have a medical grade ozone generator that I purchased in the USA. The ozone generator tubes are broke and I need to remove them and mail them back to the USA for a free replacement. My question is, when they are returned, will I have to pay an import tax on these items even though they are no cost to me and still under warranty? Thanks!

Adios_USA said:
Hi Guys & Gals,

I have a medical grade ozone generator that I purchased in the USA. The ozone generator tubes are broke and I need to remove them and mail them back to the USA for a free replacement. My question is, when they are returned, will I have to pay an import tax on these items even though they are no cost to me and still under warranty? Thanks!

Yes, it doesn't matter.

They'll make something up. It would be better if you could find out the value of the items beforehand and go to customs prepared.

Also, you are going to pay a tax when sending the broken items to them also. Just be aware of that.

Also, in customs they might want to charge you a fine for stating a value of $0 when the items come in. It is illegal to underreport the value of the items here. And they only use $0 for documents.

Back