Advice On Buying A Used Car Please

Juantime

Registered
Hi there,

We're considering getting an old car to get around the city. As we are not citizens, is it true we cannot take it out of the country?

What is insurance like on older cars- understanding that all you can get is third party insurance...

Anything else to be aware of? I know about parking, parts and gas. I can dress myself and choose which car I want, so 'expert' opinions on what to get or whether or not I need a car in the city are, at best, unrelated.

Thanking you...

Permanent residents yes! the question was for non-citizens?

germano, are you afraid for your recently purchased Brazilian built car to be impounded then put in custody of the law
when you intending to visit Chile ?
I am worried about driving all the way up the mountain pass for nothing ...

Suggest only buying from a dealer and just make sure you do all the background checks on any car you buy with the police,etc. Quite often people run up debts on fines and try and sell the car with it. I`ve bought two used cars in Argentina both had issues and grief from buyers aswell, next time i`m buying new. I never could work out why people dislike buying used cars until I did it myself. Such a ball ache. Good luck anyway.

Suggest only buying from a dealer and just make sure you do all the background checks on any car you buy with the police,etc. Quite often people run up debts on fines and try and sell the car with it. I`ve bought two used cars in Argentina both had issues and grief from buyers aswell, next time i`m buying new. I never could work out why people dislike buying used cars until I did it myself. Such a ball ache. Good luck anyway.

Hah? are no ways to check before buying that used car if has summons,tickets,violations,accumulated against it ?
Can one not be able to check it out before purchasing a such second hand cars in AR?

Buying from a dealer also has the advantage that they do all the paperwork for you (which can be a real pain if you have to do it yourself - especially as a foreigner without DNI).

Back