advice on clothing

ropasuciaafuera

Registered
hi everyone,

i am moving to leeds soon, and i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about clothing..for instance about some particular kind of coat or jumpers or thermal underwear, if it's better to buy it in buenos aires, or better to wait untill my arrival to leeds and then to go to some specific store or some coat or the like...

best
n

Leeds UK?

100% better to buy in the UK, better quality, lower prices. And go to any shopping centre/area, lots of stores to choose from.

Yup. Buy everything in the UK. You'll get better quality, lower prices and a wider selection to chose from.

Personal tips for underwear and socks is Primark - you'll be amazed at how cheap it is.

It doesn´t get cold in Buenos Aires but it can be quite humid, making the cold seep through clothing. I would suggest buying light weight silk long underwear (in the US it is not that expensive, no idea about UK), wool sweaters (very hard to find in BsAs at a good price) and shoes. Everything will be cheaper-better quality in the UK, except for some underground designer clothes, which you don´t seem to be after.

Wait until you go to the UK to get everything...the prices will be much cheaper, the quality much better and the selection much greater. If you're going soon, you'll have plenty of time to stock up on winter clothes once you get there before it becomes very cold...and shops will now be getting their autumn/winter collections in whereas here, you'll have to pick through the dregs of whatever miserable offerings are left over! I agree with previous posters that you should head to somewhere like primark for basic tights, socks, pajamas, etc - there you can get a tonne of basic things very cheaply (not the best quality, but something to get you by). Then look around just a normal shopping centre or high-street for jumpers, coats, shoes, etc...there will be plenty of options for all budgets.

thank you everyone! it's decided then, i'm coming to the uk wearing a belt with a creditcard and id, only.

what's wrong with leeds, mano negra? i wanna hear everything to have something to contrast to. i've already heard some stuff, the best one being: - oh leeds...well, it's close to york!! then i also heard it's a nice place for a university student, so it's fine for me.

I also agree, wait till UK. In BA, you can find cheap prices, but it will be bad quality. Anything that is decent quality is quite expensive.

Back