Advice On Teatro Colon Tickets

Farenheit

Registered
A guest (not yet arrived in Argentina) asked me to assist him buy tickets for an opera at the Teatro Colon. He is under the impression that foreigners are charged higher, but when I looked at the site I just saw one price. I know the guided tours are more expensive for foreigners.

Also, as a test I selected seats for a particular performance, I did it twice, but they never got added to my carrito de compras. Any advice here, is the site not working or is it my mistake?

Any general advice on the ticket purchasing? Are there cheaper prices for Argentines? Even if there are, he wouldn't have a DNI to show....
Any tips on the best way to go about buying the tickets from abroad?
Thanks in advance!

A few years ago the Colon charged foreigners substantially more. It was a failure. The bad PR that resulted probably lingers.

A few years ago the Colon charged foreigners substantially more. It was a failure. The bad PR that resulted probably lingers.

Perhaps they should pass the word on to the people who created the retaliation fee at the border.

Foreigners pay more than Argentines for many things, including museum and national park admissions. There are also gouge the gringo rates at hotels.

In 2011 I was invited by a couple of friends visiting from Hungary.
We went to see the Budapest Philharmonic Orchestra.
My first and only time. Tickets were not cheap. As far as I know there just one price.
I still have my ticket stub. A wonderful way to spend an evening.

In 2011 I was invited by a couple of friends visiting from Hungary.
We went to see the Budapest Philharmonic Orchestra.
My first and only time. Tickets were not cheap. As far as I know there just one price.
I still have my ticket stub. A wonderful way to spend an evening.

In the 20 + years I have been here there has been only ONE season when the Colon charged non residents a higher price.

Keep trying! A few months back, I got 2nd row tickets for $100 pesos each to see Swan Lake! It was incredible!

Back