AFIP and international credit card use regulations?

So you don't understand the article but your assumption is that it probably has something to do with not letting people out of the country? Or in other words this shows that your method for forming your opinions on current events is to just assume that any piece of evidence (whether you understand it or not) fits the model you've already built.

It would be hard to think of better substantial evidence for discounting any opinion you might give.

EdRooney said:
So you don't understand the article but your assumption is that it probably has something to do with not letting people out of the country? Or in other words this shows that your method for forming your opinions on current events is to just assume that any piece of evidence (whether you understand it or not) fits the model you've already built.

It would be hard to think of better substantial evidence for discounting any opinion you might give.

Where did anyone say anything about people not being able to leave the country? :confused:

The question was about whether AFIP was taking steps to monitor and/or curtail the use of credit cards overseas. The article certainly seems to indicate that to be true.

EdRooney said:

I understand the article , I understand quite well the phrase

"La intención es supervisar las compras de las divisas que hacen estas empresas y no un nuevo control al usuario."

However credit card companies require a fluid source of funds to operate, without this they cannot offer a service to their clients.

The final intention of this is to control the final user of the credit card, any one who beleives any thing differently is frankly, a little naive.

citygirl: "Where did anyone say anything about people not being able to leave the country?"

lucha54: "You've been talking about what's coming next for Argentines trying to travel abroad...are your predictions coming true?"

solerboy said:
The final intention of this is to control the final user of the credit card, any one who beleives any thing differently is frankly, a little naive.

Solerboy, I'm not sure why you posted this as a response to my comment, since I said nothing about whether or not the measures taken by AFIP are intended to control credit card users. On the contrary, I did not mention the content of the article at all.

EdRooney said:
Solerboy, I'm not sure why you posted this as a response to my comment, since I said nothing about whether or not the measures taken by AFIP are intended to control credit card users. On the contrary, I did not mention the content of the article at all.

EdRooney said:
So you don't understand the article

No one mentioned anyone being let out of the Country, however you DID mention the article in your first sentence. Maybe you are getting confused.

Does anybody have any experience with this? Anyone tried to use an Arg CC abroad? What about people going the PayPal route to change pesos to dollars?

I was able to use paypal with my bf's credit card in June but haven't tried since then and am afraid I won't be able to anymore!

EdRooney said:

I was just asking for someone else's informed analysis... trying to educate myself with the help of the kind folk here. Take it easy!!

Back