AFIP, BitCoin, and MercadoPago?

middlepath

Registered
Happy Sunday,

I obviously pay taxes on my money in the US. I want to send WU here as normal but with all the changes in days for DNIs it's becoming harder and harder. I know that I can sell BTC on localbitcoins and have someone transfer to my girlfriend's MercadoPago account. We have a Convivencia, which I believe requires us both to provide for the household. If AFIP comes knocking, is this a reasonable explanation for why she would be receiving money? It's absolutely the truth. We need to buy groceries and pay the car payment.

TIA

Happy Sunday,

I obviously pay taxes on my money in the US. I want to send WU here as normal but with all the changes in days for DNIs it's becoming harder and harder. I know that I can sell BTC on localbitcoins and have someone transfer to my girlfriend's MercadoPago account. We have a Convivencia, which I believe requires us both to provide for the household. If AFIP comes knocking, is this a reasonable explanation for why she would be receiving money? It's absolutely the truth. We need to buy groceries and pay the car payment.

TIA

What is your problem with using WU? I don't understand what the issue is...care to elaborate?

What is your problem with using WU? I don't understand what the issue is...care to elaborate?

They changed the DNI schedule this week. My passport ends in 8/9 so I'd have to wait until Friday to take out money at a reasonable rate.

They changed the DNI schedule this week. My passport ends in 8/9 so I'd have to wait until Friday to take out money at a reasonable rate.

What DNI schedule? You just send the money to a pick up location or to a bank account in AR.
Check the WU thread in this forum.

What DNI schedule? You just send the money to a pick up location or to a bank account in AR.
Check the WU thread in this forum.

I've been asked for my passport and they've checked the number every time. I got denied when I tried to go Wednesday.

I've been asked for my passport and they've checked the number every time. I got denied when I tried to go Wednesday.

I still do not understand who or what is causing the issue. Care to elaborate with more than a line? Not every one here is familiar with what may have happened to you.

PagoFacil is the only store that has WU and is open, to my knowledge. PagoFacil has a DNI schedule. If your DNI ends in 0 or 1, you can go Mondays only. 2 or 3, Tuesdays. 4 or 5, Wednesdays. 6 or 7, Thursdays, 8 or 9, Fridays. This week, because of Día del Trabajador, everything was closed. They changed the schedule to Thursday for DNIs ending in 8 and 9, but I wasn't aware.

i think they are saying is that WU is only allowing people with certain ending numbers of their ID on certain days

If your gf has a bank account here just have the WU money deposited to that account.

PagoFacil is the only store that has WU and is open, to my knowledge. PagoFacil has a DNI schedule. If your DNI ends in 0 or 1, you can go Mondays only. 2 or 3, Tuesdays. 4 or 5, Wednesdays. 6 or 7, Thursdays, 8 or 9, Fridays. This week, because of Día del Trabajador, everything was closed. They changed the schedule to Thursday for DNIs ending in 8 and 9, but I wasn't aware.

I would suggest you move your question to the WU thread. As far as I know you can pick up the cash in other locations as well. I have not heard anyone not being allowed to pick up WU cash due to their passport-DNI ending in a certain number. It might be true for some locations but certainly not all. Do your research. I would suggest you also try to have the money send to someone's (your girlfriend's?) bank account directly instead.

Back