AFIP F.3283/ notarized? US embassy?

alejac

Registered
Hi there,

I'm posting for the first time. We are in the process of selling our apartment with all the built in AFIP issues. Our "contador" accountant is asking for
a sort of power of attorney/ AFIP F3283 which according to him must be
apostillado/ notarized in the country of origin. In my case that would be the US. But I am here. He suggested I go to the US embassy. Does anyone have any experience information about this and how to go about notarizing it?

Thank you so much.

Alejac

Yes, I recently did a property transaction in the US and needed a notarized power of attorney. You need to call or email the embassy and make an appointment. He is the link to the embassy: http://argentina.usembassy.gov/other-services.html.

When you arrive, you go through security and, of course, will need to show your U.S. passport.

The cost for the service is U$S 50. It's simple and took only 1.5 hours.

Casa Mun said:
The cost for the service is U$S 50. It's simple and took only 1.5 hours.

I know I've been here too long when I read that and think, "Wow, that's fast." :D

Ha! Yes, it was very fast -- US citizens get priority and move through more quickly than folks seeking Visas etc.

alejac said:
Hi there,

I'm posting for the first time. We are in the process of selling our apartment with all the built in AFIP issues. Our "contador" accountant is asking for
apostillado/ notarized in the country of origin. In my case that would be the US. But I am here. He suggested I go to the US embassy. Does anyone have any experience information about this and how to go about notarizing it?

If the apartment is in BA and you are also here, isn't Argentina the "country of origin" of the document? When I signed a the power of attorney for the sale of my apartment my accountant had the document "legalized" by an Argentine escribano. I didn't need to have anything receive the Apostille from the USA or the US Embassy.

steveinbsas said:
If the apartment is in BA and you are also here, isn't Argentina the "country of origin" of the document? When I signed a the power of attorney for the sale of my apartment my accountant had the document "legalized" by an Argentine escribano. I didn't need to have anything receive the Apostille from the USA or the US Embassy.

That's exactly what I thought. The OP needs a LOCAL power of attorney not one from the US. I've had this done. You do it directly at the escribano. They write it up for you and you go there and sign it.

alejac said:
Hi there,

Thank you so much.

Alejac
Ypur accountant doesn't seem very well informed as the "how to" part of things in AR. Use a local.

alejac said:
Hi there,

apostillado/ notarized in the country of origin.

I should note that my accountant is also Argentine. If yours is too (Ghost is right about using an Argentine accountant), he should provide you with a a list of the paperwork you will have to submit to AFIP. The first Argentine accountant with whom I consulted told me I would have to sell as a "foreigner" even though I had a DNI, but that was incorrect.

Hopefully, if you are a non-resident (without a DNI), you have all of the utility bills since you bought the property. If the utilities don't drop to "unoccupied" levels when you were out of the country AFIP will assume you've rented it and want to see receipts for tax payments or they will assess taxes that must be paid before you can sell.

Selling a lot easier if you have a DNI. You won't have to jump through as many hoops at AFIP and the process can usually be done in a few days at the most (mine was done in a few hours). Without a DNI it will take at least a couple months, possibly three or four. I'm adding this information because your original post made it look like your accountant doesn't have much experience with foreign sellers.

Back