Afip Request To Purchase Dollars - Anyone Still Able To?

airiq

Registered
Just went to the AFIP site to put in a request to purchase dollars. The last two trips I've taken (both in February) I was able to fill out the form and purchase them without a problem.

However, just went to put in a new request for another trip I have coming up, and received the following message:

Sr/a Contribuyente: Conforme lo exigen las previsiones establecidas por la normativa vigente, la evaluación sistémica efectuada sobre su condición fiscal no lo habilita a adquirir moneda extranjera.

Before going to the AFIP office to chat with them, wanted to see if anyone else is currently seeing this.

This would only be applicable for folks working/living here legally and registered with AFIP site.

For those in that scenario, I'm curious if anyone is able to get the form to fill out, after selecting:

For me, I get the above error immediately.

Wondering if there has been a change recently put in that affects everyone, or if there is something specific to my account that is coming into play.

You took two trips last month and took dollars with you. You're now applying for a third trip, again requesting dollars. AFIP might have flagged you, because it kind of looks like someone moving money out of the country.

You took two trips last month and took dollars with you. You're now applying for a third trip, again requesting dollars. AFIP might have flagged you, because it kind of looks like someone moving money out of the country.

To AFIP, you are an official money launderer. Obviously, you have no need to purchase anything at the legal rate.

To afip you are considered a prole and thus have no right to ask for anything that may be considered above your station.

You can only get dollars if you need to hire a private plane in Morocco while you leave your official jet there. Otherwise, you're wasting AFIP's time.

Afip Request To Purchase Dollars - Anyone Still Able To?

laughing.gif

I talked to my accountant about this the other day and he said don't even bother.
You do not want AFIP sniffing your butt to find out what you have eaten lately!

My husband just went through this, had a couple of trips back to back out of the country for business, tried to get approved, didn't get anything and got the same messages. At the end the only thing he was able to do was get 300Usd per trip off his card, and he had requested a PIN FOR HIS Amex to do cash advances but tried using the PIN both in the states and in brazil and got denied. He also called his dad and asked him to try just to see if he could get anything and his dad, who had never even made a request since all this came into play, also got denied (despite having taxes in order). I have heard the theory of having to request exactly 48hrs in advance of leaving and then you'll be approved for a minimum a out, but my husband hasn't had success with that either since January or so.

Frustrating. To top it off, do not have an Argentine credit card, since I don't have a permanent DNI. Pretty much forced to use my US savings for any traveling, even though I live and have all my earnings here in Argentina. :-/

Back