Africans in BA

sergio

Registered
Have others noticed the increasing numbers of Africans in BA? I´ve talked to a few, all of whom came from Ghana. During the Menem years a lot of Russians and Orientals came here. I wonder if this is a sign of changing immigration patterns.

2GuysInPM

Registered
I hope so. This city could benefit from more racial diversity.

BTW, the term "orientals" can have a negative connotation for some. try "asians".

French jurist

Registered
I thought the majority were Senegalese. At least, I know that quite many of the ones across once are from Senegal.

It might be a change in immigration patterns :
- word being spread out among africans that Argentina is flexible.
- entering the EU becomes tougher and tougher
- the subprime crisis affected badly Africa as well (before the crisis, a kid was dying every 5 secs, during the crisis every 3 secs). When you consider that only 50 Bn$/year would be enough to feed them, it makes you wonder (compared to the 2 or 3 trillions spent on the crisis).

fedecc

Registered
Whenever Europe tightens their control of inmigrations, we get a relatively bigger wave of inmigrants from other continents. This is what is happening in the last few years. It is however small numbers of inmigrants.

arty

Registered
2GuysInPM said:
BTW, the term "orientals" can have a negative connotation for some. try "asians".

to who? liberals or orientals?

gusgutier

Registered
2GuysInPM said:
I hope so. This city could benefit from more racial diversity.

Orientals : uruguayans?

gusgutier

Registered
2GuysInPM said:
yes, the uruguayans too. :rolleyes:
Oh Lord, they are the worst inmigration! You can´t detect them unless they have a thermos glued in the armpit. You treats like equals and in a sudden you begin to name your sports shoes "championes" (uuggghh!!). Sometimes they seem more patriotic , like Victor Hugo Morales, than an average argie.
Beware of them or you`ll die being a Peñarol fan.

cricri58

Registered
and there is only one African restaurant in Villa Crespo, Caballito. Sorry I forgot the name..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Food and Drink 0
S Newcomers Forum 1