Again: Who Much Do You Pay Your Cleaner?

mariano-BCN

Registered
this issue has been a regular topic. But let's make it actual. My cleaner comes every week and I pay her to clean my studio in San Telmo (+- 40m2) 50 pesos per hour, plus 10 pesos for the transport, she comes 3 hours combining other places in th neighbourhood.
Now I told her that every week is too much 'cause I live alone and it doesn't need to be "a museum" every week so she could come every 14 days. But then she raised her fee to 75 pesos per hour which I consider too much, cause she "would lose money" if she comes less.
Am I too tight? I thought 50-60 pesos per hour plus travel costs may be ok?

Mine is the cousin of a good friend, and she charges 50 pesos/hour. Sometimes she doesn't work for the full 4 hours but I have no issue paying her a flat rate of 200 pesos/cleaning. She's incredibly trustworthy and very buena onda and those two things are important for me.

She works really hard and this is one of the few professional options she has, which I'm sure is similar of many housekeepers.

4 hrs - 270, includes some formula which she concocted for travel expenses and some other expense.

Don't mind as she's trustworthy enough. Hours vary wildly depending on where she has to be though. One day might be 2 hours, another might be 6. Does a bit of ironing.

I'm always reminding people on this topic that employing someone 'en blanco' means that their services are effectively free if you pay the 'impuesto a las ganancias' - you can deduct it from your tax. Also, it's illegal if you don't put them 'en blanco', regardless of how many hours your employee works. Up to 12 hours per week, it costs 161 pesos per month - and even if you don't pay the impuesto a las ganancias, you can avoid a big fine, and contribute to your employee's health insurance (obra social) and pension entitlements. All in all, a sensible thing to do.

all about trust and the cleaning quality they are doing for you....
It is hard work..I dont mind paying over the going rate... I dont mind overpaying when you think the person is a good honest person and you are really helping them a little
how can I complain when i am out spending 60-75 pesos or more on a cocktail at night and I wont pay someone to clean for an hour at that same price ...

mar del plata is cheap.... i had one person ask for 35 pesos an hour... but settled for a woman who cleans the gym i go to.... who i could tell really works hard and does a good job.. she asked for 60.. i said 75 pesos.... and i am still getting a great deal....

I pay 60 pesos an hour and minimum of 300 pesos every time she is there all inclusive. She does lot of work in the kitchen..such as cutting different vegetables, fruits, making fresh vegetable juice etc. Lot of ironing too. she come over 5-6 times a month. 100% trustworthy. Can be left alone at home.

40 an hour plus 15 for [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]the transport[/background]

40 per hour every two weeks. Nothing other than cleaning.

She does a great job and as is often the case more money might ruin her. Look what it does to damn near everybody else.

Back