Airfares To Europe 50% Cheaper From Chile/uruguay

Rich One

Registered
Current Airfares to Europe are 50 % cheaper from Santiago and Montevideo.

For example RT to Madrid
From BA -Madrid $23,900
From Montevideo-Madrid$11,000 plus BA-Montevideo $2900 = $ 13,900!!!

Nothing new, just that airfare costs from Argentina have raised again. Last year the difference was about 25%, now it has spiked even more.

there is a restaurant...I often order takeaways from.

these guys increase the price of the same dish by 15-20 pesos every month. They are doing this since January.

Another reason to take Bajo's advice and fly from/to Montevideo. My only question is, I am heading back to the UK and going through Uruguay is appealing considering the £4-500 saving. However, the connection is at Sao Paulo Guarulhos Int.. Does anybody have experience of this route/connection, or less specifically this airport? I am always cautious about new airports, especially as I do not speak the language.

Another reason to take Bajo's advice and fly from/to Montevideo. My only question is, I am heading back to the UK and going through Uruguay is appealing considering the £4-500 saving. However, the connection is at Sao Paulo Guarulhos Int.. Does anybody have experience of this route/connection, or less specifically this airport? I am always cautious about new airports, especially as I do not speak the language.

International to international transit at Sao Paolo is not too difficult . If its TAM or LAN to TAM , Iberia or Ba , it is even easier. Gol I am not too sure about as that would mean a change of terminal

Prices out of Brazil are MUCH lower than out of Uruguay. Also much more options. OTOH getting to Montevideo from here is a much simpler affair.
One must factor in the cost of separate airfare to SP or Rio. Sometimes one can still save enough money to make it worth the hassle.

there is a restaurant...I often order takeaways from.

these guys increase the price of the same dish by 15-20 pesos every month. They are doing this since January.

I get it ;) They Cater to airlines flying to Madrid ??

Pretty normal connection and quite a boring airport. Take a book if your connection between flights is more than 2 hours!

Back