Airport Lounge at AEP Newberry

TruchoTango

Registered
Hi,

I have to fly out of AEP Newberry in a week. Can anyone tell me what the airport lounge scene is like in this airport?

I have Amex Platinum, which gives access to Priority Pass lounges. Are there any other lounges in this airport and what are they like?

Thanks.

I'm not a fan of Aeroparque, or that you have to transfer to/from AEP to EZE for international/intercontinental flights (someone's getting paid!)! When I've got time to kill plane side at AEP I usually find myself in the Hard Rock Cafe, their empanadas are good, and the beer is cold. Haven' t found a lounge at AEP, and I've got the paid version of priority pass, (asking myself why I am paying for it frankly!). Good luck!

if i remember correctly the lounge at AEP is before security, not gateside. not sure where exactly as it's been awhile.

the lounges at EZE aren't great but they're nice enough. except for the sky priority lounge flying with AR, it's dirty and very underwhelming.

Many airports in Argentina claim to have lounges (you will see the occasional sign) but they are not operational. Not sure what the story is there.

As a side note, star alliance (United) lounge at EZE is super nice.

At EZE, you’re good however access to the AMEX Platinum lounge at AEP is only possible if your card was issued in Argentina. You will not be allowed in with an internationally issued card. May have since changed, but I attempted twice (June 2022 and April 2023). The lounge next to it does not accept Priority Pass, however you can pay for entry. While the entrances to these lounges are downstairs, before security, my understanding is that they do have a special security door on the other side. But don’t quote me on that. No one will believe me about access being restricted to Argentine issued AMEX cards and I’d love to be proven wrong. Life in general is pretty great here, so being denied lounge access is not something to actually complain about. If you show up very early to AEP and your bags are checked, spend your time crossing over to look at the Columbus statue and read the Wikipedia article about its history. Much more interesting than sitting in a stupid lounge :)

Back