Airport Searches?

Edmund Pickett

Registered
What's going on at Ezezia? In a few weeks I'll be returning after 7 months in the US and I've heard and read about all the changes. Are they all rumors? What can I expect at the airport? I'm a US citizen. What should I not bring? My wife will be with me and she's Argentine. What can she expect? I'd really appreciate first hand info from someone who has personally gone through the customs very recently. Thanks.

I am a US citizen who came in with my Argentine fiance on 28/9. We didn´t really have any major issues nor bag searches. The only problem we had was the fact that the international health certificates for my cats weren´t completed correctly. Thankfully, he was able to get SANSA to accept a fax and then we had to bring the originals back to the airport once I received them back from the States. Everyone was very nice and I didn´t feel any weird pressure or trouble. He went through customs with me, to help with the language so it was really simple.

There was more questioning before we boarded the plane in Atlanta than in Argentina. They asked him how much money he was carrying and if anyone had asked him to bring back dollars. Other than that, it was smooth sailing.

I just went through last week with a brand new computer and my bag full of recently purchased goods.... nothing different, they didn't even look at my customs form. Argentines (as always) have more trouble than U.S. citizens so just put any questionable items in your bag, not your wife's.

Back